Serious questions to be answered
These things should be investigated:
1) How was the evaluation of the studies presented 10 years ago and why did they advocate the drospirenone containing COCs as safer.
2) Why was the licensing of these COCs allowed, without full safety studies.
3) How come the Pharmaceutical Regulation Bureau of the European Union did not discover in time these serious side effects.
4) How come the Pharmaceutical Regulation Bureaus of the Member States of the European Union did not discover in time these serious side effects.
5) Why do pharmaceutical companies withdraw older and cheaper medicines to promote new and more expensive ones.
In my Country all COCs containing levonorgestrel have been withdrawn and there are only third-generation COCs available in Pharmacies and Hospitals!
Competing interests: No competing interests