A Child's Guide to Parents
1. Your parents are not perfect.
2. Your parents are lonely, scared, and insecure, just like
3. Your parents do not have a perfect marriage.
4. Your parents are often sorry that they married each other.
5. Your parents are trying to protect you from their
6. Your parents need your help.
7. You have known and loved your parents your whole life.
8. Tell your parents that you are willing to talk to them about
9. Tell your parents that you understand that they are not
10. Tell your parents that you love them, despite all their
problems and imperfections.
Competing interests: No competing interests