Medical myths in Kurdistan.
Other medical myths common among our local populations, having no
sound scientific basis & include:
1. Acidic food as lemon are good for hypertension.
2. Bitter food are good for diabetes.
3. Honey & dates are safe for diabetics.
4. Typhoid & measles patients should not eat yougurt.
5. Typhoid, measles & infleunza patients should not have a bath untill
6. Jaundice clears by looking at moving fish in water.
7. Whooping cough can be cured by passing through tunnels.
8. Inhalers for asthma are addicting.
9. Garlic prevents heart disease & lowers blood pressure.
Competing interests: No competing interests