Multiple itchy lesions after recent travelBMJ 2021; 372 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n231 (Published 24 February 2021) Cite this as: BMJ 2021;372:n231
- Carole Eldin, infectiologist12,
- Philippe Gautret, chief of infectious disease12
- 1Faculty of Medicine, Aix Marseille Université, Marseille, France
- 2IHU-Méditerranée Infection, Marseille, France
- Correspondence to: C Eldin
A woman in her late teens presented with cutaneous lesions on both feet after a seven day trip to a beach destination in Brazil, where she walked barefoot most of the time. On examination, she had multiple serpiginous erythematous tracks that were intensely itchy and had been slowly migrating for the past few days (fig 1).