Re: New Delhi drowns in environmental pollution
Man made pollution disasters
The purpose of Diwali and other festivals is to spread light and remove our “inner darkness” or ignorance.
Festivals like Diwali can be celebrated in an eco-friendly way to keep our city and country environment, green, clean and pollution free and plastic free.
The following tips may help to have a happy healthy green environment-friendly festivals including Diwali:
1. Use eco-friendly crackers.
2. Use earthenware biodegradable things instead of plastic disposable.
3. Avoid wastage of food items including sweets
5. Use natural colors foid grains for kolam
6. Use recyclable decoration items
7. Give plants and jute products as diwali gifts
8. Use paper wraps for gift packing and avoid plastics
Along with this, individual responsiblities are important to prevent pollution out of our man made pollution disasters like in New Delhi, India
Competing interests: No competing interests