Communicating, consulting, and caring differentlyBMJ 2018; 362 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.k3103 (Published 13 July 2018) Cite this as: BMJ 2018;362:k3103
- R M Pope, consultant physician and director,
- S M Ali, general practitioner and director,
- C D Muir, chief technical officer,
- A A Schulte, chief executive
- Dynamic Health Systems, York House, Cottingley Business Park, Bradford BD16 1PE, UK
Richards exhorts us, with passion, to work differently, for poorly served patients and overburdened staff.1 We need new approaches to healthcare interactions.
We see such systems having several key components: digital healthcare records shared between providers (“communicate differently”) and video based consultations (“consult differently”). We have developed a digital platform for patients that includes and engages people with self management—not by turning them into “mini medics,” but by …