Intended for healthcare professionals


Scrap the Cap: Applying for a tier 2 visa

BMJ 2018; 361 doi: (Published 30 May 2018) Cite this as: BMJ 2018;361:k2370

Read more about our Scrap the Cap campaign

  1. Abi Rimmer
  1. BMJ

To be eligible to work in the UK, most doctors from outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland need a tier 2 visa, and to be eligible for this they must be issued with a certificate of sponsorship from a UK employer who has offered them a job.

Employers who wish to recruit a non-EEA doctor to a job that is not on the shortage …

View Full Text

Log in

Log in through your institution


* For online subscription