Vaccine safety claims do not stand up to scrutiny
“Licensed vaccines, the resolution states, are safe, being rigorously tested through multiple phases of trials before being approved and then regularly reassessed once publicly available.”
For decades, vaccinologists have been reluctant to understand the immunological mechanism of how vaccines work, fail or hurt the body. Pulendran et al. write:
“Despite their success, one of the great iro-nies of vaccinology is that the vast majority of vaccines have been developed empirically, with little or no understanding of the immunological mechanisms by which they induce protective immunity. However, the failure to develop vaccines against global pandemics such as infection with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) despite decades of effort has underscored the need to understand the immunological mechanisms by which vaccines confer protective immunity.”
So vaccines are NOT safe by design. Safety by testing ALONE, is an unacceptable strategy for such a safety critical product. And it is too late when the safety problems are detected in the general public, as is the case now and as clearly demonstrated by the Pandemrix induced narcolepsy disaster.
The Institute of Medicine (IOM) lamented in 2012 that “for the majority of cases (135 vaccine-adverse event pairs), the evidence was inadequate to accept or reject a causal relationship.”[3 ]
The evidence for vaccine safety claims simply does NOT exist.
Many epidemiological vaccine safety studies make the basic mistake of declaring “lack of association” because the confidence interval of the odds ratio does not span the null value. These conclusions are simply wrong.
Mechanistic evidence clearly demonstrates vaccines cause food allergies[4,5], asthma, autism[7,8] and many autoimmune diseases including type 1 diabetes[9,10].
Cancer research has demonstrated that immunization with homologous xenogeneic proteins (such as vaccines contaminated with numerous animal proteins that resemble human proteins) results in autoimmunity.[9 ]
These vaccine safety problem simply CANNOT be ignored any more.
1. Pulendran B, Ahmed R. Immunological mechanisms of vaccination. Nat Immunol. United States; 2011 Jun;12(6):509–17.
2. Ahmed SS, Volkmuth W, Duca J, Corti L, Pallaoro M, Pezzicoli A, et al. Antibodies to influenza nucleoprotein cross-react with human hypocretin receptor 2 (ABSTRACT ONLY). Sci Transl Med. 2015;7(294):294ra105–294ra105.
3. Stratton K, Ford A, Rusch E, Clayton EW. Adverse Effects of Vaccines : Evidence and Causality. Injury. 2011. 0-24 p.
4. Arumugham V. Evidence that Food Proteins in Vaccines Cause the Development of Food Allergies and Its Implications for Vaccine Policy. J Dev Drugs. 2015;4(137):2.
5. Arumugham V. Professional Misconduct by NAM Committee on Food Allergy [Internet]. 2016. Available from: https://www.zenodo.org/record/1034559
6. Arumugham V. Medical muddles that maim our children with allergies, asthma and autism [Internet]. Unpublished; 2017. Available from: https://www.zenodo.org/record/1034595
7. Arumugham V. Epidemiological studies that ignore mechanism of disease causation are flawed and mechanistic evidence demonstrates that vaccines cause autism [Internet]. 2017. Available from: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1041905
8. Arumugham V. Autism Spectrum Disorders: A special case of vaccine-induced cow’s milk allergy? [Internet]. 2017. Available from: https://www.zenodo.org/record/1034557
9. Arumugham V. Cancer immunology, bioinformatics and chemokine evidence link vaccines contaminated with animal proteins to autoimmune disease: a detailed look at Crohn’s disease and Vitiligo [Internet]. 2017. Available from: https://www.zenodo.org/record/1034777
10. Arumugham V. Bioinformatics analysis links type 1 diabetes to vaccines contaminated with animal proteins and autoreactive T cells express skin homing receptors consistent with injected vaccines as causal agent [Internet]. 2017. Available from: https://www.zenodo.org/record/1034775
Competing interests: No competing interests