Letters Sex with robots
Sex robots: the irreplaceable value of humanityBMJ 2017; 358 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.j3790 (Published 15 August 2017) Cite this as: BMJ 2017;358:j3790
View Full Text
- Federica Facchin, psychotherapist1,
- Giussy Barbara, sexologist2,
- Vittorio Cigoli, professor emeritus1
- 1Faculty of Psychology, Catholic University of Milan, Largo Gemelli 1, Milan 20123, Italy
- 2Department of Clinical Sciences and Community Health, Università degli Studi, and Fondazione IRCCS Ca’ Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Via della Commenda 12, Milan 20122, Italy
The use of sex robots may become widespread in the future.1 2 3 But therapeutic use of sex robots is based on a mechanical view of sexuality.
Sexual dysfunction depends on interactions between physical, psychological, sociocultural, and relational factors.4 Sexual activity with robots is a …
Log in using your username and password
Log in through your institution
Subscribe from £173 *
Subscribe and get access to all BMJ articles, and much more.
* For online subscription
Access this article for 1 day for:
£38 / $45 / €42 (excludes VAT)
You can download a PDF version for your personal record.