Vitamin D supplementation to prevent acute respiratory tract infections: systematic review and meta-analysis of individual participant dataBMJ 2017; 356 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6583 (Published 15 February 2017) Cite this as: BMJ 2017;356:i6583
- Editorial Published: 15 February 2017; BMJ 356 doi:10.1136/bmj.j456
- Research News Published: 16 February 2017; BMJ 356 doi:10.1136/bmj.j847
- Practice Published: 18 March 2019; BMJ 364 doi:10.1136/bmj.l1025
- Editorial Published: 20 April 2020; BMJ 369 doi:10.1136/bmj.m1548
- HIV: doctor who reused needles is blamed as nearly 900 children test positive in Pakistani cityBMJ October 30, 2019, 367 l6284; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l6284
- HIV in 2019: it’s all about dolutegravirBMJ July 31, 2019, 366 l4931; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l4931
- Depo-Provera: WHO set to review guidance on use by women at high HIV riskBMJ July 25, 2019, 366 l4888; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l4888
- Global effort to reduce new HIV infections is stalling, UN warnsBMJ July 19, 2019, 366 l4744; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l4744
- WHO teams arrive in Pakistan to establish source of HIV infectionsBMJ May 31, 2019, 365 l2401; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l2401
- Is ethnicity linked to incidence or outcomes of covid-19?
- COVID-19: is there a role for immunonutrition, particularly in the over 65s?
- Identification of potential treatments for COVID-19 through artificial intelligence-enabled phenomic analysis of human cells infected with SARS-CoV-2
- COVID-19: time for paradigm shift in the nexus between local, national and global health
- Vitamin D prescribing in children in UK primary care practices: a population-based cohort study
- Trends in the incidence of testing for vitamin D deficiency in primary care in the UK: a retrospective analysis of The Health Improvement Network (THIN), 2005-2015
- Importance of vitamin D in acute and critically ill children with subgroup analyses of sepsis and respiratory tract infections: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Importance of vitamin D in critically ill children with subgroup analyses of sepsis and respiratory tract infections: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Effects of vitamin D on inflammatory and oxidative stress responses of human bronchial epithelial cells exposed to particulate matter
- Vitamin D to prevent exacerbations of COPD: systematic review and meta-analysis of individual participant data from randomised controlled trials
- Can treating vitamin D deficiency reduce exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?
- Adjunctive vitamin D in tuberculosis treatment: meta-analysis of individual participant data
- Risks of the 'Sunshine pill - a case of hypervitaminosis D
- Effect of Vitamin D Supplementation on Markers of Vascular Function: A Systematic Review and Individual Participant Meta-Analysis
- Vitamin D: too much testing and treating?
- Randomized phase 2 trial of monthly vitamin D to prevent respiratory complications in children with sickle cell disease
- Vitamin D: Current Guidelines and Future Outlook
- A Review of the Evidence Supporting the Vitamin D-Cancer Prevention Hypothesis in 2017
- The Impact of UV-dose, Body Surface Area Exposed and Other Factors on Cutaneous Vitamin D Synthesis Measured as Serum 25(OH)D Concentration: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
- A Critical Appraisal of the Recent Reports on Sunbeds from the European Commission's Scientific Committee on Health, Environmental and Emerging Risks and from the World Health Organization
- High-dose monthly vitamin D3 can help to prevent acute respiratory infections in older long-term care residents, but may increase risk of falls
- Effect of vitamin D3 on the antimicrobial activity of human airway surface liquid: preliminary results of a randomised placebo-controlled double-blind trial
- Do vitamin D supplements help prevent respiratory tract infections?
- Vitamin D supplementation does cut respiratory infections, new study suggests