An older man with thoracic back painBMJ 2016; 355 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5786 (Published 23 November 2016) Cite this as: BMJ 2016;355:i5786
- Joseph Dalby Sinnott, core surgical trainee1,
- David C Howlett, consultant radiologist2
- 1Department of Surgery, East Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust, Eastbourne, UK
- 2Department of Radiology, East Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust
- Correspondence to: J D Sinnott
A 76 year old man with a history of prostate cancer presented to his general practitioner with increasing mid thoracic back pain. Radiographs of the thoracic spine were obtained (fig 1⇓).What do these show?
The plain film radiographs show a …