Abdominal pain in a 31 year old womanBMJ 2016; 352 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i524 (Published 02 February 2016) Cite this as: BMJ 2016;352:i524
- Anuja Mitra, core surgical trainee year 11,
- Nebil Behar, consultant emergency general and laparoscopic surgeon2
- 1London Deanery, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London SW10 9NH, UK
- 2Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, UK
- Correspondence to: A Mitra
A 31 year old white woman presented with recurrent abdominal pain and distention. A barium follow through examination was performed. What is the diagnosis?
Congenital small bowel non-rotation as indicated by loops of small bowel on the right side of the abdomen only.
Intestinal malrotation describes aberrations in rotation and fixation of the alimentary tract during intrauterine development. Small bowel non-rotation is characterised by rotational …