Does overseas working benefit the NHS?BMJ 2014; 349 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.g5182 (Published 02 September 2014) Cite this as: BMJ 2014;349:g5182
- Simon J Forrington, year 5 specialty trainee in anaesthesia and intensive care medicine1,
- Kate Grady, consultant in anaesthesia and pain medicine1,
- Iain H Wilson, consultant anaesthetist2
- 1A1 University Hospital of South Manchester, Manchester, UK
- 2A2 Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust, Devon, UK
Doctors are increasingly seeking opportunities to spend time working overseas. Simon Forrington and colleagues look at whether the NHS benefits from these experiences
We thank Andrew McLennan, consultant anaesthetist at University Hospital of South Manchester.
We have read and understood the BMJ Group policy on declaration of interests and have no relevant interests to declare.