Re: Little evidence that primary care providers stop child and teen drug use, US task force says
1. Your parents are not perfect.
2. Your parents are lonely, scared, and insecure, just like you.
3. Your parents have personal and marital problems.
4. Your parents are sometimes sorry they married each other.
5. Your parents are trying to protect you from their problems.
6. Your parents need your help, but they don't want to upset you.
7. You have known and loved your parents your whole life.
8. Tell your parents that you understand that they have problems.
9. Tell your parents that you are willing to talk to them about their problems.
10. Tell your parents that you love them, despite all their problems and imperfections.
Competing interests: No competing interests