"an ounce of data is worth a thousand pounds of opinion." (1)
1. Unpublished US phase 3 trials.
2. About the 8 novel drugs approved by the FDA in 2013
3. It's relatively easy to disclose anonymized patient level raw data of a clinical trial.(2)
4. About patient privacy concerns: could anyone identify at least one patient in data disclosed above?
1. Ashish Jha. An Ounce of Evidence. Health Policy Blog. Harvard University.
Date accessed: Aug 13, 2014
2. Ramirez JH, Arce R, Contreras A, et al. Periodontal therapy does not improve cardiovascular disease biomarkers: results of a randomized clinical trial. figshare.
Competing interests: I endorse the principles of open data