Feature Christmas 2012: Sport
Survival of the fittest: retrospective cohort study of the longevity of Olympic medallists in the modern eraBMJ 2012; 345 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.e8308 (Published 13 December 2012) Cite this as: BMJ 2012;345:e8308
- Editorial Published: 13 December 2012; BMJ 345 doi:10.1136/bmj.e8338
- Editor's Choice Published: 19 December 2012; BMJ 345 doi:10.1136/bmj.e8605
- River blindness in East Africa: gains and lossesBMJ January 21, 2020, 368 m155; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m155
- Association of ideal cardiovascular health at age 50 with incidence of dementia: 25 year follow-up of Whitehall II cohort studyBMJ August 07, 2019, 366 l4414; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l4414
- Genetic predisposition to increased serum calcium, bone mineral density, and fracture risk in individuals with normal calcium levels: mendelian randomisation studyBMJ August 01, 2019, 366 l4410; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l4410
- Dietary fats and mortality among patients with type 2 diabetes: analysis in two population based cohort studiesBMJ July 02, 2019, 366 l4009; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l4009
- Physical activity trajectories and mortality: population based cohort studyBMJ June 26, 2019, 365 l2323; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l2323
- High hopes: lower risk of death due to mental disorders and self-harm in a century-long US Olympian cohort compared with the general population
- Female and male US Olympic athletes live 5 years longer than their general population counterparts: a study of 8124 former US Olympians
- Mortality of Japanese Olympic athletes in 1964 Tokyo Olympic Games
- Reassuring News for Athletes With Atrial Fibrillation, But Perhaps Not All Athletes
- Mortality of Japanese Olympic athletes: 1952-2017 cohort study
- Focal Fibrosis in the Endurance Athletes Heart: Running Scarred or Running Scared?
- Sports injury and illness incidence in the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Summer Games: A prospective study of 11274 athletes from 207 countries
- Coronary Artery Calcification Among Endurance Athletes: "Hearts of Stone"
- Cardiovascular Effects of Performance-Enhancing Drugs
- Exercise at the Extremes: The Amount of Exercise to Reduce Cardiovascular Events
- Fibrillation auriculaire et activite physique: Faut-il etre prudent?
- Atrial fibrillation and physical activity: Should we exercise caution?
- All-cause and disease-specific mortality among male, former elite athletes: an average 50-year follow-up
- Dose of Jogging: Mortality Versus Longevity
- Sports injuries and illnesses in the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
- Can Intensive Exercise Harm the Heart?: The Benefits of Competitive Endurance Training for Cardiovascular Structure and Function
- Everyone could enjoy the "survival advantage" of elite athletes