Specialty training at ST1 and CT1 in EnglandBMJ 2011; 343 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.d7600 (Published 30 November 2011) Cite this as: BMJ 2011;343:d7600
- Alison Carr, senior clinical adviser1, consultant paediatric anaesthetist2,
- Elaine Sullivan, specialty recruitment manager1,
- Steve Buggle, operations director1,
- Patricia Hamilton, director of medical education1
- 1Medical Education and Training Programme (England), Department of Health, London, UK
- 2Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust, Plymouth, UK
Alison Carr and colleagues analyse the competition and ask what lessons can be learnt from 2011
We thanks deanery staff and staff involved in selection in the royal medical colleges for their help in data collection. Thanks also to Daniel Smith from London Deanery for his help with data analysis.
Competing interests: None declared.