SHARP Project has detected new HIV diagnosesBMJ 2011; 343 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.d4358 (Published 12 July 2011) Cite this as: BMJ 2011;343:d4358
- Leena Sathia, consultant in genitourinary medicine and HIV1,
- Sarah Duncan, specialty registrar in genitourinary medicine2
- On behalf of the SHARP Project Team
- 1Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
- 2Garden Clinic, Slough, UK
White highlights initiatives to increase HIV testing in accident and emergency settings in high prevalence areas (>0.2% population diagnosed).1 Such initiatives are a step towards normalising HIV testing.
The UK national HIV testing guideline advocates screening of medical admissions and primary care registrants in high prevalence areas, and diagnostic testing of patients with clinical indicator conditions.2 …