Study raises five questionsBMJ 2011; 342 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.d3698 (Published 14 June 2011) Cite this as: BMJ 2011;342:d3698
- Harriet E Burn, foundation year 1 doctor general surgery1,
- Sheila Fraser, SpR general surgery1,
- Sabapathy Balasubramanian, consultant general surgeon1
- 1Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield S10 2JF, UK
Sandblom and colleagues’ 20 year follow-up study of prostate cancer screening raises five questions.1
(1) Screening test methods evolved during the study. Why were men from the screening group aged 69 or older excluded only from the fourth screening session rather than consistently throughout?