An under-recognised riskBMJ 2010; 340 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.c143 (Published 13 January 2010) Cite this as: BMJ 2010;340:c143
- Jennifer M Sherriff, specialist registrar clinical oncology1,
- Janet E Brown, Cancer Research UK clinician scientist 2,
- Nicholas D James, professor of clinical oncology1
- 1University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust, Birmingham B15 2TH
- 2Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre, Leeds St James’s Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF
Osteoporosis is another important but under-recognised risk of androgen deprivation therapy.1 Few guidelines exist to help detect and manage bone loss in these men.
As survival from prostate cancer increases, osteoporosis and its complications will probably become more common. A retrospective study of over 50 000 men with prostate cancer …