Analysis And Comment Research methods
Is restricted randomisation necessary?BMJ 2006; 332 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.332.7556.1506 (Published 22 June 2006) Cite this as: BMJ 2006;332:1506
Posted as supplied by the author
- The DAVID Trial Investigators. Dual-Chamber Pacing or Ventricular Backup Pacing in Patients with an Implantable Defibrillator: The Dual Chamber and VVI Implantable Defibrillator (DAVID) Trial. JAMA 2002; 288:3115-23.
- Demetri GD, von Mehren M, Blanke CD, Van den Abbeele AD, Eisenberg B, Roberts PJ, et al. Efficacy and Safety of Imatinib Mesylate in Advanced Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors. The New England Journal of Medicine 2002; 347:472-80.
- Gerritsen AA, De Vet HC, Scholten RJ, Bertelsmann FW, De Krom MC, Bouter LM. Splinting vs Surgery in the Treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: A Randomized Controlled Trial. JAMA 2002; 288:1245-51.
- Ghofrani HA, Wiedemann R, Rose F, Schermuly RT, Olschewski H, Weissmann N, et al. Sildenafil for treatment of lung fibrosis and pulmonary hypertension: a randomised controlled trial. The Lancet 2002; 360:895-900.
- Green J, Forster A, Bogle S, Young J. Physiotherapy for patients with mobility problems more than 1 year after stroke: a randomised controlled trial. The Lancet 2002; 359:199-203.
- Joly P, Roujeau JC, Benichou J, Picard C, Dreno B, Delaporte E, et al. A Comparison of Oral and Topical Corticosteroids in Patients with Bullous Pemphigoid. The New England Journal of Medicine 2002; 346:321-7.
- John JH, Ziebland S, Yudkin P, Roe LS, Neil HAW. Effects of fruit and vegetable consumption on plasma antioxidant concentrations and blood pressure: a randomised controlled trial. The Lancet 2002; 359:1969-74.
- Kinley H, Czoski-Murray C, George S, McCabe C, Primrose J, Reilly C, et al. Effectiveness of appropriately trained nurses in preoperative assessment: randomised controlled equivalence/non-inferiority trial. BMJ 2002; 325:1323-6.
- Macfarlane J, Holmes W, Gard P, Thornhill D, Macfarlane R, Hubbard R, et al. Reducing antibiotic use for acute bronchitis in primary care: blinded, randomised controlled trial of patient information leaflet BMJ 2002; 324:91-6.
- Morice MC, Serruys PW, Sousa JE, Fajadet J, Ban Hayashi E, Perin M, et al. A Randomized Comparison of a Sirolimus-Eluting Stent with a Standard Stent for Coronary Revascularization. The New England Journal of Medicine 2002; 346:1773-80.
- Smidt N, van der Windt DAWM, Assendelft WJJ, Deville WLJM, Korthals-de Bos IBC, Bouter LM. Corticosteroid injections, physiotherapy, or a wait-and-see policy for lateral epicondylitis: a randomised controlled trial. The Lancet 2002; 359:657-62.
- Sundar S, Jha TK, Thakur CP, Engel J, Sindermann H, Fischer C, et al. Oral Miltefosine for Indian Visceral Leishmaniasis. The New England Journal of Medicine 2002; 347:1739-46.
- Walsh TJ, Pappas P, Winston DJ, Lazarus HM, Petersen F, Raffalli J, et al. Voriconazole Compared with Liposomal Amphotericin B for Empirical Antifungal Therapy in Patients with Neutropenia and Persistent Fever. New England Journal of Medicine 2002; 346:225-34.
- Tateishi-Yuyama E, Matsubara H, Murohara T, Ikeda U, Shintani S, Masaki H, et al. Therapeutic angiogenesis for patients with limb ischaemia by autologous transplantation of bone-marrow cells: a pilot study and a randomised controlled trial. The Lancet 2002; 360:427-35.
- Education And Debate Published: 11 September 1999; BMJ 319 doi:10.1136/bmj.319.7211.703
- PaperEffectiveness of appropriately trained nurses in preoperative assessment: randomised controlled equivalence/non-inferiority trialPublished: 07 December 2002; BMJ 325 doi:10.1136/bmj.325.7376.1323
- Education And Debate Published: 07 April 2005; BMJ 330 doi:10.1136/bmj.330.7495.843
- PAPERSAdequacy and reporting of allocation concealment: review of recent trials published in four general medical journalsPublished: 10 March 2005; BMJ doi:10.1136/bmj.38413.576713.AE
- PaperAdequacy and reporting of allocation concealment: review of recent trials published in four general medical journalsPublished: 05 May 2005; BMJ 330 doi:10.1136/bmj.38413.576713.AE
- ResearchReporting and analysis of trials using stratified randomisation in leading medical journals: review and reanalysisPublished: 14 September 2012; BMJ 345 doi:10.1136/bmj.e5840
- Analysis Published: 17 November 2016; BMJ 355 doi:10.1136/bmj.i5663
- Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer in individuals with previous colorectal neoplasia: systematic review and network meta-analysisBMJ December 05, 2016, 355 i6188; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6188
- NHS to fund large trial of pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV preventionBMJ December 05, 2016, 355 i6537; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6537
- Bill to boost medical research funding and speed drug approval passes US houseBMJ December 01, 2016, 355 i6498; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6498
- Alpha blockers for treatment of ureteric stones: systematic review and meta-analysisBMJ December 01, 2016, 355 i6112; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6112
- Sixty seconds on . . . solanezumabBMJ November 29, 2016, 355 i6389; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6389
- Effects of e-aid cognitive behavioural therapy for insomnia (eCBTI) to prevent the transition from episodic insomnia to persistent insomnia: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial
- Allocation concealment in randomised controlled trials: are we getting better?
- Examination of the Treatment Selection Process in a Multicenter Observational Study
- Vitamin D treatment in calcium-deficiency rickets: a randomised controlled trial
- Reporting and analysis of trials using stratified randomisation in leading medical journals: review and reanalysis