Diagnosis and management of dysmenorrhoeaBMJ 2006; 332 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.332.7550.1134 (Published 11 May 2006) Cite this as: BMJ 2006;332:1134
Web references posted as supplied by authors
w1. Klein JR, Litt IF. Epidemiology of adolescent dysmenorrhea. Pediatrics 1981; 68: 661-4.
w2. Jeffcoate N. Principles of Gynaecology. 4th edition. London: Butterworth, 1975.
w3. Chan WY, Dawood YM, Fuchs F. Prostaglandins in primary dysmenorrhoea. American Journal of Medicine 1981;70(3): 535-41.
w4. Coco AS. Primary dysmenorrhea. American Family Physician 1999;60(2): 489-96.
w5. Sundell G, Milsom I, Andersch B. Factors influencing the prevalence and severity of dysmenorrhoea in young women. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 1990;97: 5880-94.
w6. Wang L, Wang X, Wang W, Chen C, Ronnennberg AG, Guang W, et al. Stress and dysmenorrhoea: a population based prospective study. Occupational and Environmental Medicine 2004; 61: 1021-6.
w7. French L. Dysmenorrhea. American Family Physician, 2005;71: 285-91.
w8. Chandrasekharan NV, Dai H, Roos KL, Evanson NK, Tomsik J, Elton TS, Simmons DL. COX-3, a cyclooxygenase-1 variant inhibited by acetaminophen and other analgesic/antipyretic drugs: cloning, structure, and expression. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2002; 99: 13926-31.
w9. Harel Z. Cyclooxygenase-2 specific inhibitors in the treatment of dysmenorrhoea. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 2004;17: 75-9.
w10. Wright JM. The double-edged sword of COX-2 selective NSAIDs. CMAJ Canadian Medical Association Journal 2002;167: 1131-7
w11. Davis AR, Westhoff C, O’Connell K, Gallagher N. Oral contraceptives for dysmenorrhoea in adolescent girls. Obstetrics & Gynecology 2005;106: 97-104.
w12 Hendrix SL, Alexander NJ. Primary dysmenorrhea treatment with a desogestrel-containing low-dose oral contraceptive. Contraception 2002;66: 393–9.
w13. Brill K, Norpoth T, Schnitker J, Albring M. Clinical experience with a modern low-dose oral contraceptive in almost 100,000 users. Contraception 1991;43(2): 101-10.
w14. Bolton P, Del Mar C, O'Connor V. Exercise for primary dysmenorrhoea. (Protocol) The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2003, Issue 2. Art. No.: CD004142. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD004142.
w15 Eccles NK. A randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled pilot study to investigate the effectiveness of a static magnet to relieve dysmenorrhea. Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine 2005;11(4):681-7.
w16 MetaRegister of Current Controlled Trials. www.controlled-trials.com/mrct/
- An adolescent with disabling abdominal painBMJ December 07, 2016, 355 i6101; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6101
- What it feels like to be an interesting teaching opportunityBMJ December 07, 2016, 355 i6190; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6190
- Johnson & Johnson is ordered to pay $1bn over faulty hip implantsBMJ December 06, 2016, 355 i6551; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6551
- Shared decision making in patients with low risk chest pain: prospective randomized pragmatic trialBMJ December 05, 2016, 355 i6165; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6165
- Generics have a chequered recent historyBMJ December 05, 2016, 355 i6527; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6527
- Primary dysmenorrhea and self-care strategies among Chinese college girls: a cross-sectional study
- Association of tea drinking and dysmenorrhoea among reproductive-age women in Shanghai, China (2013-2015): a cross-sectional study
- Herbal medicine (Hyeolbuchukeo-tang or Xuefu Zhuyu decoction) for treating primary dysmenorrhoea: protocol for a systematic review of randomised controlled trials
- Pelvic pain
- Three-Dimensional Power Doppler Assessment of Uterine Vascularization in Women With Primary Dysmenorrhea