Systemic lupus erythematosusBMJ 2006; 332 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.332.7546.890 (Published 13 April 2006) Cite this as: BMJ 2006;332:890
Extra references (posted as supplied by author)
w1 Jump RL, Robinson ME, Armstrong AE, Barnes EV, Kilbourn KM, Richards HB. Fatigue in systemic lupus erythematosus: contributions of disease activity, pain, depression, and perceived social support. J Rheumatol 2005;32:1699-705.
w2 Carvalho MR, Sato EI, Tebexreni AS, Heidecher RT, Schenkman S, Neto TL. Effects of supervised cardiovascular training program on exercise tolerance, aerobic capacity, and quality of life in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum 2005;53:838-44.
w3 Lampropoulos CE, Sangle S, Harrison P, Hughes GR, D’Cruz DP. Topical tacrolimus therapy of resistant cutaneous lesions in lupus erythematosus: a possible alternative. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2004;43:1383-5.
w4 Tlacuilo-Parra A, Guevara-Gutierrez E, Gutierrez-Murillo F, Soto-Ortiz A, Barba-Gomez F, Hernandez-Torres M, Salazar-Paramo M. Pimecrolimus 1% cream for the treatment of discoid lupus erythematosus. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2005;44:1564-8.
w5 Canadian Hydroxychloroquine Study Group. A randomized study of the effect of withdrawing hydroxychloroquine sulfate in systemic lupus erythematosus.
N Engl J Med 1991;324:150-4.
w6 D’Cruz D. Antimalarial therapy: a panacea for mild lupus? Lupus 2001;10:148-51.
w7 The American College of Rheumatology nomenclature for neuropsychiatric lupus syndromes. Arthritis Rheum 1999;42:599-608.
w8 Cuadrado MJ, Khamashta MA, Ballesteros A, Godfrey T, Simon MJ, Hughes GR. Can neurologic manifestations of Hughes (antiphospholipid) syndrome be distinguished from multiple sclerosis? Analysis of 27 patients and review of the literature. Medicine (Baltimore) 2000;79:57-68.
w9 Galie N, Manes A, Farahani KV, Pelino F, Palazzini M, Negro L, Romanazzi S, Branzi A. Pulmonary arterial hypertension associated to connective tissue diseases. Lupus 2005;14:713-7.
w10 Tektonidou MG, Malagari K, Vlachoyiannopoulos PG, Kelekis DA, Moutsopoulos HM. Asymptomatic avascular necrosis in patients with primary antiphospholipid syndrome in the absence of corticosteroid use: a prospective study by magnetic resonance imaging. Arthritis Rheum 2003;48:732-6.
w11 Ruiz-Irastorza G, Khamashta MA. Management of thrombosis in antiphospholipid syndrome and systemic lupus erythematosus in pregnancy. Ann N Y Acad Sci 2005 Jun;1051:606-12.
w12 Anolik JH, Campbell D, Felgar RE, Young F, Sanz I, Rosenblatt J, Looney RJ. The relationship of FcgammaRIIIa genotype to degree of B cell depletion by rituximab in the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum 2003;48:455-9.
w13 Zandman-Goddard G, Levy Y, Shoenfeld Y. Intravenous immunoglobulin therapy and systemic lupus erythematosus. Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 2005;29:219-28.
- NHS spent 8% more on medicines last yearBMJ November 23, 2016, 355 i6320; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6320
- Chronic insomnia: diagnosis and non-pharmacological managementBMJ November 16, 2016, 355 i5819; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5819
- A baby with a discharging umbilical lesionBMJ October 26, 2016, 355 i5587; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5587
- Authors’ reply to HawkinsBMJ October 18, 2016, 355 i5559; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5559
- Anabolic steroid useBMJ October 13, 2016, 355 i5023; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5023
- Adverse outcomes after major surgery in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: a nationwide population-based study
- Reproductive Factors and Risk of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Nationwide Cohort Study in Denmark
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Nucleic Acid-Sensing TLRs as Modifiers of Autoimmunity
- How good at neurology are you? -- ANSWERS