Analysis And Comment
Arguments against helmet legislation are flawedBMJ 2006; 332 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.332.7543.725 (Published 23 March 2006) Cite this as: BMJ 2006;332:725
- Cameron MH, Vulcan AP, Finch CF, Newstead SV. Mandatory bicycle helmet use following a decade of promotion in Victoria, Australia—an evaluation. Accid Anal Prev 1994;26:325-37
- Cook A, Sheikh A. Trends in serious head injuries among English cyclists and pedestrians. Inj Prev 2003;9:266-7.
- McDermott F, Lane JC, Brazenor GA, Debney EA. The effectiveness of bicyclist helmets: a study of 1710 casualties. J Trauma 1993;34:834-45.
- Thomas S, Acton C, Nixon J, Battistutta D, Pitt WR, Clark R. Effectiveness of bicycle helmets in preventing head injury in children: case-control study. BMJ 1994;308:173-6.
- Thompson RS, Rivara FP, Thompson DC. A case-control study of the effectiveness of bicycle safety helmets. N Engl J Med 1989;320:1361-7.
- Thompson DC, Rivara FP, Thompson RS. Effectiveness of bicycle safety helmets in preventing head injuries: a case-control study. JAMA 1996;276:1968-73.
- LeBlanc JC, Beattie TL, Culligan C. Effect of legislation on the use of bicycle helmets. CMAJ 2002;166:592-5.
- Macpherson AK, To TM, Macarthur C, Chipman ML, Wright JG, Parkin PC. Impact of mandatory helmet legislation on bicycle-related head injuries in children: a population-based study. Pediatrics 2002;110:e60.
- Scuffham P, Alsop J, Cryer C, Langley JD. Head injuries to bicyclists and the New Zealand bicycle helmet law. Accid Anal Prev 2000;32:565-73.
- Shafi S, Gilbert JC, Loghmanee F, Allen JE, Caty MG, Glick PL, et al. Impact of bicycle helmet safety legislation on children admitted to a regional pediatric trauma center. J Pediatr Surg 1998;33:317-21.
- Morgenstern H. Ecologic studies. In: Rothman K, Greenland S, eds. Modern epidemiology. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 1998.
- Analysis And Comment Published: 23 March 2006; BMJ 332 doi:10.1136/bmj.332.7543.722
- ResearchHelmet legislation and admissions to hospital for cycling related head injuries in Canadian provinces and territories: interrupted time series analysisPublished: 14 May 2013; BMJ 346 doi:10.1136/bmj.f2674
- LetterDo enforced bicycle helmet laws improve public health?: Start with an assessment of the base problem, rather than assume a solutionPublished: 06 April 2006; BMJ 332 doi:10.1136/bmj.332.7545.852-b
- LetterDo enforced bicycle helmet laws improve public health?: Determining true effectiveness of safety measuresPublished: 06 April 2006; BMJ 332 doi:10.1136/bmj.332.7545.852
- Letter Published: 06 April 2006; BMJ 332 doi:10.1136/bmj.332.7545.852-a
- Individual care plans reduce falls and broken hips in New Zealand hospitalsBMJ December 05, 2016, 355 i6490; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6490
- Electronic fetal monitoring, cerebral palsy, and caesarean section: assumptions versus evidenceBMJ December 01, 2016, 355 i6405; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6405
- Hip pain in a middle aged womanBMJ November 30, 2016, 355 i6129; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6129
- Lack of evidence for interventions offered in UK fertility centresBMJ November 28, 2016, 355 i6295; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6295
- Zika related microcephaly may appear after birth, study findsBMJ November 23, 2016, 355 i6333; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6333
- Helmet legislation and admissions to hospital for cycling related head injuries in Canadian provinces and territories: interrupted time series analysis
- Youth Motorcycle-Related Brain Injury by State Helmet Law Type: United States, 2005-2007
- Are Editors free from bias? The special case of Letters to the Editor
- Do enforced bicycle helmet laws improve public health?: Determining true effectiveness of safety measures
- Do enforced bicycle helmet laws improve public health?: Start with an assessment of the base problem, rather than assume a solution
- Do enforced bicycle helmet laws improve public health?: Evidence is conflicting