Lymphogranuloma venereumBMJ 2006; 332 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.332.7533.66 (Published 12 January 2006) Cite this as: BMJ 2006;332:66
w1 Nieuwenhuis RF, Ossewaarde JM, Gotz HM, et al. Resurgence of lymphogranuloma venereum in Western Europe: an outbreak of Chlamydia trachomatis serovar L2 proctitis in Netherlands among men who have sex with men. Clin Infect Dis 2004;39:996-1003.
w2 Simms I, Macdonald N, Ison C, Martin I, Alexander S, Lowndes C, et al. Enhanced surveillance of LGV starts in England. Eurosurveill Wkly 2004;8(41):7/10/2004. www.eurosurveillance.org/ew/2004/041007.asp#4 (accessed 20 Jul 2005)
w4 Health Protection Agency. Cases of lymphogranuloma venereum in men who have sex with men exceed 100 in the United Kingdom. CDR Wkly 2005;15(30):News. www.hpa.org.uk/cdr/archives/2005/cdr3005.pdf (accessed 1 Aug 2005).
w5 Gotz HM, van Dorrnum G, Niesters HG, den Hollander JG, Thio HB, de Zwart O. A cluster of acute hepatitis C virus infection among men who have sex with men – results from contact tracing and public health implications. AIDS 2005;19:969-74.
w8 Clinical Effectiveness Group (Association for Genitourinary Medicine and the Medical Society for the Study of Venereal Diseases). 2001 national guideline for the management of lymphogranuloma venereum. www.bashh.org/guidelines/2002/lgv_0601.pdf (accessed 21 Jul 2005).
w10 Kent CK, Chaw JK, Wong W, Liska S, Gibson S, Hubbard G, Klausner JD. Prevalence of rectal, urethral, and pharyngeal chlamydia and gonorrhoea detected in 2 clinical settings in men who have sex with men:San Francisco, California, 2003. Clin Infect Dis 2005;41:67-74.
- Ebola is now “preventable and treatable,” says WHO after approving vaccine in record timeBMJ November 13, 2019, 367 l6505; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l6505
- Polio outbreak: officials deny reports of cover-up in PakistanBMJ November 13, 2019, 367 l6496; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l6496
- Polio: WHO declares type 3 poliovirus eradicated after 31 year campaignBMJ October 24, 2019, 367 l6201; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l6201
- Flu vaccine: most stock to arrive by November, but some orders will be delayedBMJ October 03, 2019, 367 l5877; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l5877
- Is Dengvaxia a useful vaccine for dengue endemic areas?BMJ October 03, 2019, 367 l5710; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l5710
- Sexual history: its importance in averting detrimental misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis