Recent advances in the diagnosis and management of migraineBMJ 2006; 332 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.332.7532.25 (Published 05 January 2006) Cite this as: BMJ 2006;332:25
w1. Ophoff RA, Terwindt GM, Vergouwe MN, van Eijk R, Oefner PJ, Hoffman SMG, et al. Familial hemiplegic migraine and episodic ataxia type-2 are caused by mutations in the Ca2+ channel gene CACNL1A4. Cell 1996;87:543-52.
w2. De Fusco M, Marconi R, Silvestri L, Atorino L, Rampoldi L, Morgante L, et al. Haploinsufficiency of ATP1A2 encoding the Na+/K+ pump a2 subunit associated with familial hemiplegic migraine type 2. Nature Genetics 2003;33:192-6.
w3. Dichgans M, Freilinger T, Eckstein G, Babini E, Lorenz-Depiereux B, Biskup S, et al. Mutation in the neuronal voltage-gated sodium channel SCN1A causes familial hemiplegic migraine. Lancet 2005;366:371-7.
w4. Lance JW, McLeod JG. A physiological approach to clinical neurology. Sydney: Butterworths, 1981.
w5. Lauritzen M. Pathophysiology of the migraine aura. The spreading depression theory. Brain 1994;117:199-210.
w6. Goadsby PJ, Zagami AS, Lambert GA. Neural processing of craniovascular pain: a synthesis of the central structures involved in migraine. Headache 1991;31:365-71.
w7. May A, Bahra A, Buchel C, Turner R, Goadsby PJ. Functional MRI in spontaneous attacks of SUNCT: short-lasting neuralgiform headache with conjunctival injection and tearing. Ann Neurol 1999;46:791-3.
w8. Goadsby PJ. The pharmacology of headache. Prog Neurobiol 2000;62:509-25.
w9. Tfelt-Hansen P, Saxena PR, Dahlof C, Pascual J, Lainez M, Henry P, et al. Ergotamine in the acute treatment of migraine- a review and European consensus. Brain 2000;123:9-18.
w10. Davies GM, Santanello NC, Lipton RB. Determinants of patient satisfaction with migraine therapy. Cephalalgia 2000;20:554-60.
w11. Lipton RB, Liberman J, Cutrer FM, Goadsby PJ, Ferrari MD, Dodick DW, et al. Treatment preferences and the selection of acute migraine medications: results from a population-based survey. Journal of Headache and Facial Pain 2004;5:123-30.
w12. Goadsby PJ, Edvinsson L, Ekman R. Release of vasoactive peptides in the extracerebral circulation of man and the cat during activation of the trigeminovascular system. Ann Neurol 1988;23:193-6.
w13. Goadsby PJ, Edvinsson L, Ekman R. Vasoactive peptide release in the extracerebral circulation of humans during migraine headache. Ann Neurol 1990;28:183-7.
- This Week In The BMJ Published: 05 January 2006; BMJ 332 doi:10.1136/bmj.332.7532.0-d
- Review Published: 23 February 2006; BMJ 332 doi:10.1136/bmj.332.7539.496-a
- Editorial Published: 26 August 2004; BMJ 329 doi:10.1136/bmj.329.7464.469
- Seven days in medicine: 9 to 15 November 2016BMJ November 17, 2016, 355 i6106; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6106
- GP who worked as locum in Cornwall is struck off for inadequate care of three patientsBMJ November 10, 2016, 355 i6076; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6076
- When your patient is a survivor of tortureBMJ November 09, 2016, 355 i5019; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5019
- Life with a cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) shuntBMJ October 26, 2016, 355 i5209; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5209
- A bilateral macular star and optic disc oedemaBMJ September 21, 2016, 354 i4797; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i4797