Sports utility vehicles and older pedestriansBMJ 2005; 331 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.331.7520.787 (Published 06 October 2005) Cite this as: BMJ 2005;331:787
(prefixed w in text)
- Mohan, D, Kajzer, J, Bawa-Bhalla, W, Chawla, A, Sarabjit, S.Impact Modelling studies for a three wheeled scooter Taxi. Proceedings of the International Research Council on Biomechanics of Impact Conference. Brunnen: International Research Council on Biomechanics of Impact Conference, 1995: 325-336
- Walz FH, Hoefliger M, Fehlmann W. Speed limit reduction from 60 to 50km/h and pedestrian injuries. 27th Stapp Car Crash Conference. San Diego: Stapp,1983:311-318
- Anderson RW, McLean AJ, Farmer MJ, Lee BH, Brooks CG. Vehicle travel speeds and the incidence of fatal pedestrian crashes. Accid Anal Prev 1997;29(5):667-74.
- Crandall JR, Bhalla KS, Madeley NJ. Designing road vehicles for pedestrian protection. BMJ 2002;324(7346):1145-8.
- The PricewaterhouseCoopers European Quarterly Review. New car volumes trends. Aston Sandford: eurocarprice, 2005.
- Simms CK, Wood DP, Walsh DG. Confidence Limits for impact Speed estimation from pedestrian projection distance. International Journal of Crashworthiness 2004;9(2):219-228.
- Aldman B, Kajzer J, Anderlind T, Malmquvist M, Mellander H, Turbell T. Load Transfer from the striking vehicle in side and pedestrian impacts. Proceedings of the 10th International Technical Conference on Experimental Safety Vehicles. Oxford: U.S. Dept. of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1985:620-637.
- Kajzer J, Schroeder G. Examination of different bumper subsystems using Hybrid II, RSPD subsystems and cadavers. Proceedings of the 36th Stapp Car Crash Conference. Seattle: Society of Automotive Engineers, 1992:119-127.
- Cesari D, Bouquet R, Clare Y, Bermond, F. Protection of Pedestrians against leg injuries. Proceedings 14th International Technical Conference on Experimental Safety Vehicles; 1994; Munich: U.S. Dept. of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1994: 1131-1138.
- Nagasaka K, Mizuno K. Finite Element analysis of pedestrian lower extremity injury: Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, paper no 20025490, 2002.
- Mizuno K, Kajzer J. Head Injuries in Vehicle Pedestrian Impact. Biomechanics Research, 2000:24-40.
- Matsui Y. Evaluation of pedestrian subsystem test method using legform and upper legform impactors for assessment of high bumper vehicle aggressiveness. Journal of Traffic Injury Prevention 2004;5:76-86.
- Lawrence GJL. The influence of car shape on pedestrian impact energies and it application to sub-system tests. 12th International Technical Conference on Experimental Safety Vehicles. Gothenburg: U.S. Dept. of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1989:1-33.
- Holland AJ, Liang RW, Singh SJ, Schell DN, Ross FI, Cass DT. Driveway motor vehicle injuries in children. Med J Aust 2000;173(4):192-5.
- Nadler EP, Courcoulas AP, Gardner MJ, Ford HR. Driveway injuries in children: risk factors, morbidity, and mortality. Pediatrics 2001;108(2):326-8.
- Letter Published: 20 October 2005; BMJ 331 doi:10.1136/bmj.331.7522.967-b
- Education And Debate Published: 08 April 2004; BMJ 328 doi:10.1136/bmj.328.7444.888
- Letter Published: 20 October 2005; BMJ 331 doi:10.1136/bmj.331.7522.966-e
- Editorial Published: 11 May 2002; BMJ 324 doi:10.1136/bmj.324.7346.1109
- Letter Published: 20 October 2005; BMJ 331 doi:10.1136/bmj.331.7522.967
- Review Published: 20 July 2006; BMJ 333 doi:10.1136/bmj.333.7560.206
- Letter Published: 20 October 2005; BMJ 331 doi:10.1136/bmj.331.7522.967-a
- Letter Published: 20 October 2005; BMJ 331 doi:10.1136/bmj.331.7522.967-c
- Review Published: 24 November 2005; BMJ 331 doi:10.1136/bmj.331.7527.1277-a
- Haiti: Hospitals face critical oxygen shortages and warn of lack of fluids to treat choleraBMJ December 07, 2022, 379 o2961; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.o2961
- AIDS: “Harmful” gender inequalities and norms are holding back the end of the pandemicBMJ November 29, 2022, 379 o2893; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.o2893
- Measles is now “an imminent threat” globally, WHO and CDC warnBMJ November 24, 2022, 379 o2844; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.o2844
- How war is spreading drug resistant superbugs across Ukraine and beyondBMJ November 22, 2022, 379 o2731; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.o2731
- AMA establishes taskforce to prevent US gun violenceBMJ November 17, 2022, 379 o2777; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.o2777
- Inequalities in size and power across road users
- Traffic and the risk of vehicle-related pedestrian injury: a decision analytic support tool
- Four wheel drive vehicles, class war, and the BMJ
- Sports utility vehicles and older pedestrians: a damaging collision
- Hit parade
- Sports utility vehicles and older pedestrians: Not all SUVs are the same
- Sports utility vehicles and older pedestrians: SUV driving and adaptive behaviour
- Sports utility vehicles and older pedestrians: Achieving compatibility in motor vehicle crashes
- Sports utility vehicles and older pedestrians: Solution must consider psychology of SUV use