Management and referral for trigger finger/thumbBMJ 2005; 331 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.331.7507.30 (Published 30 June 2005) Cite this as: BMJ 2005;331:30
Web extra references
w1. Schofield CB, Citron ND. The natural history of adult trigger thumb. J Hand Surg (Br) 1993;18:247-8.
w2. Seradge H, Kleinert HE. Reduction flexor tenoplasty: treatment of stenosing flexor tenosynovitis distal to the first pulley. J Hand Surg (Am) 1981;6:54-4.
w3. Gaffield JW, Mackay DR. A-3 pulley trigger finger. Ann Plast Surg 2001;46:352-3.
w4. Sherman PJ, Lane LB. The palmar aponeurosis pulley as a cause of trigger finger: a report of two cases. J Bone Joint Surg (Am) 1996;78:1753-4.
w5. Kolind-Sorenson V. Treatment of trigger fingers. Acta Orthop Scand 1970;41:428-32.
w6. Young L, Holtmann B. Trigger finger and thumb, secondary to amyloidosis. Plast Reconstr Surg 1980;65:68-9.
w7. Heckman JD, Sassard R. Musculoskeletal considerations in pregnancy. J Bone Joint Surg (Am) 1994;76:1720-30.
w8. Benson LS, Ptaszek AJ. Injection versus surgery in the treatment of trigger finger. J Hand Surg (Am) 1997;22:138-44.
w9. Taras JS, Raphael JS, Pan WT, Movagharnia F, Sotereanos DG. Corticosteroid injections for trigger digits: is intrasheath injection necessary. J Hand Surg (Am) 1998;23:717-22.
w10. Taras JS, Iiams GJ, Gibbons M, Culp RW. Flexor pollicis longus rupture in a trigger thumb: a case report. J Hand Surg (Am) 1995;20:276-7.
w11. Cihantimur B, Akin S, Ozcan M. Percutaneous treatment of trigger finger. Acta Orthop Scand 1998;69:167-8.
w12. Patel MR, Moradia VJ. Percutaneous release of trigger digit with and without cortisone injection. J Hand Surg (Am) 1997;22:150-5.
w13. Watanabe H, Hamada Y, Toshima T, Nagasawa K. Conservative treatment for trigger thumb in children. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 2001;121:388-90.
w14. Tan AH, Lam KS, Lee EH. The treatment outcome of trigger thumb in children. J Pediatr Orthop B 2002;11:256-9.
w15. Nemoto K, Nemoto T, Terada N, Amoko M, Kawaguchi M. Splint therapy for trigger thumb and finger in children. J Hand Surg (Br) 1996;21:416-8.
- Physical activity: a (mobile) call to actionBMJ January 28, 2020, 368 m316; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m316
- Partha Kar: What will the 2020s hold for diabetes care?BMJ January 21, 2020, 368 m202; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m202
- Diabetes technology: specialists are blocking access for some patients, say expertsBMJ October 17, 2019, 367 l6085; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l6085
- Thousands more patients with type 1 diabetes are getting flash glucose devices, data showBMJ October 07, 2019, 367 l5895; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l5895
- Obesity: raising price of sugary snacks may be more effective than soft drink taxBMJ September 05, 2019, 366 l5436; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l5436
- Is compressive load a factor in the development of tendinopathy?
- Sonographically Guided Percutaneous First Annular Pulley Release: Cadaveric Safety Study of Needle and Knife Techniques
- Ultrasound-Guided First Annular Pulley Injection for Trigger Finger
- Corticosteroid injections effective for trigger finger in adults in general practice: a double-blinded randomised placebo controlled trial
- A proposal justifying an alternative referral practice from primary care for three common hand surgery diagnoses