Management and referral for trigger finger/thumbBMJ 2005; 331 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.331.7507.30 (Published 30 June 2005) Cite this as: BMJ 2005;331:30
Web extra references
w1. Schofield CB, Citron ND. The natural history of adult trigger thumb. J Hand Surg (Br) 1993;18:247-8.
w2. Seradge H, Kleinert HE. Reduction flexor tenoplasty: treatment of stenosing flexor tenosynovitis distal to the first pulley. J Hand Surg (Am) 1981;6:54-4.
w3. Gaffield JW, Mackay DR. A-3 pulley trigger finger. Ann Plast Surg 2001;46:352-3.
w4. Sherman PJ, Lane LB. The palmar aponeurosis pulley as a cause of trigger finger: a report of two cases. J Bone Joint Surg (Am) 1996;78:1753-4.
w5. Kolind-Sorenson V. Treatment of trigger fingers. Acta Orthop Scand 1970;41:428-32.
w6. Young L, Holtmann B. Trigger finger and thumb, secondary to amyloidosis. Plast Reconstr Surg 1980;65:68-9.
w7. Heckman JD, Sassard R. Musculoskeletal considerations in pregnancy. J Bone Joint Surg (Am) 1994;76:1720-30.
w8. Benson LS, Ptaszek AJ. Injection versus surgery in the treatment of trigger finger. J Hand Surg (Am) 1997;22:138-44.
w9. Taras JS, Raphael JS, Pan WT, Movagharnia F, Sotereanos DG. Corticosteroid injections for trigger digits: is intrasheath injection necessary. J Hand Surg (Am) 1998;23:717-22.
w10. Taras JS, Iiams GJ, Gibbons M, Culp RW. Flexor pollicis longus rupture in a trigger thumb: a case report. J Hand Surg (Am) 1995;20:276-7.
w11. Cihantimur B, Akin S, Ozcan M. Percutaneous treatment of trigger finger. Acta Orthop Scand 1998;69:167-8.
w12. Patel MR, Moradia VJ. Percutaneous release of trigger digit with and without cortisone injection. J Hand Surg (Am) 1997;22:150-5.
w13. Watanabe H, Hamada Y, Toshima T, Nagasawa K. Conservative treatment for trigger thumb in children. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 2001;121:388-90.
w14. Tan AH, Lam KS, Lee EH. The treatment outcome of trigger thumb in children. J Pediatr Orthop B 2002;11:256-9.
w15. Nemoto K, Nemoto T, Terada N, Amoko M, Kawaguchi M. Splint therapy for trigger thumb and finger in children. J Hand Surg (Br) 1996;21:416-8.
- Drug company Servier is found guilty of manslaughter and aggravated deceit over Mediator diabetes drugBMJ March 31, 2021, 372 n873; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n873
- Rammya Mathew: Where are we letting our patients down?BMJ October 20, 2020, 371 m3980; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m3980
- Partha Kar: NICE needs better support to do its jobBMJ September 15, 2020, 370 m3549; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m3549
- Covid-19: Pandemic is having “severe” impact on non-communicable disease care, WHO survey findsBMJ June 03, 2020, 369 m2210; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m2210
- Partha Kar: Covid-19—time for parity in commissioning diabetes servicesBMJ June 02, 2020, 369 m2154; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m2154
- Is compressive load a factor in the development of tendinopathy?
- Sonographically Guided Percutaneous First Annular Pulley Release: Cadaveric Safety Study of Needle and Knife Techniques
- Ultrasound-Guided First Annular Pulley Injection for Trigger Finger
- Corticosteroid injections effective for trigger finger in adults in general practice: a double-blinded randomised placebo controlled trial
- A proposal justifying an alternative referral practice from primary care for three common hand surgery diagnoses