Mumps and the UK epidemic 2005BMJ 2005; 330 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.330.7500.1132 (Published 12 May 2005) Cite this as: BMJ 2005;330:1132
Posted as supplied by author.
w1. Health Protection Agency. Mumps information site. Available from URL http://www.hpa.org.uk/infections/topics_az/mumps/gen_info.htmhttp://www.hpa.org.uk/infections/topics_az/mumps/gen_info.htm
w2. Philip RN, Reinhard KR, achman DB. Observations on a mumps epidemic in a virgin population. Am J Hyg 1959;69:91-111.
w3. Brown JW, Kirkland HB, Hein GE. Central nervous system involvement during mumps. Am J Med Sci 1948;215:434-441.
w4. Bjorvatn B, Wolontis S. Mumps meningoencephalitis in Stockholm November 1964-1971:1 Analysis of a hospitalised study group. Questions of selection and representation. Scand J Infect Dis 1973;5:253-260.
w5. Johnson RT. Acute encephalitis. Clin Infect Dis 1996;23:219-226.
w6. Gamble DR. Relationship of antecedent illness to the development of diabetes in children. Brit Med J 1980;281:99-101.
w7. Schulz B, Michaelis D, Hildmann W, Witt S, Hehmke B, Rjasanowski I. Islet cell surface antibodies (ICSA) in subjects with a previous mumps infection: a prospective study over a 4 year period. Exp Clin Endocrinol 1987;90:62-70.
w8. World Health Organisation. Mumps vaccine. Available from URL http://www.who.int/vaccines/en/mumps.shtml#summary
w9. Briss PA, Fehrs LJ, Parker RA, Wright PF, Sannella EC, Hutcheson RH et al. Sustained transmission of mumps in a highly vaccinated population: assessment of primary vaccine failure and waning vaccine induced immunity. J Infect Dis 1994;169:77-82.
- Editor's Choice Published: 12 May 2005; BMJ 330 doi:10.1136/bmj.330.7500.0-f
- Paper Published: 12 May 2005; BMJ 330 doi:10.1136/bmj.330.7500.1119
- Paper Published: 12 May 2005; BMJ 330 doi:10.1136/bmj.38449.476759.AE
- Clinical Review Published: 03 January 2008; BMJ 336 doi:10.1136/bmj.39409.673657.AE
- PAPERS Published: 18 April 2005; BMJ doi:10.1136/bmj.38449.476759.AE
- Letter Published: 01 October 1994; BMJ 309 doi:10.1136/bmj.309.6958.876
- The future of NHS dentistry in ScotlandBMJ December 05, 2016, 355 i6466; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6466
- Seven days in medicine: 23-29 November 2016BMJ December 01, 2016, 355 i6433; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6433
- Oral cancer rates rise by two thirdsBMJ November 25, 2016, 355 i6369; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6369
- Dentistry: should it be in the NHS at all?BMJ November 10, 2016, 355 i5986; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5986
- Lamb ingestion and odynophagiaBMJ November 02, 2016, 355 i5506; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5506
- Mumps presenting with unilateral, synchronous parotid and submandibular gland swelling
- Detection of RNA of Mumps Virus during an Outbreak in a Population with a High Level of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Vaccine Coverage
- Viral meningitis
- New, and Some Not-so-New, Vaccines for Adolescents and Diseases They Prevent
- Mumps and the media: changes in the reporting of mumps in response to newspaper coverage
- Two successive outbreaks of mumps in Nova Scotia among vaccinated adolescents and young adults.