High quality care for people with chronic diseasesBMJ 2005; 330 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.330.7492.609 (Published 17 March 2005) Cite this as: BMJ 2005;330:609
w1. King H, Aubert RE, Herman WH. Global burden of diabetes, 1995-2025: prevalence, numerical estimates, and projections. Diabetes Care 1998;21:1414-31.
w2. Roland M. Linking physicians’ pay to the quality of care—a major experiment in the United Kingdom. N Engl J Med 2004;351:1448-54.
w3. Rosenthal MB, Fernandopulle R, Song HSR, Landon B. Paying for quality: providers’ incentives for quality improvement. Health Affairs 2004;23:127-141.
w4 Casalino L, Gillies RR, Shortell SM, Schmittdiel JA, Bodenheimer T, Robinson JC. External incentives, information technology, and organized processes to improve health care quality for patients with chronic diseases. JAMA 2003;289:434-41.
w5 Medicare "Pay for Performance (P4P)" initiatives. http://www.cms.hhs.gov/media/press/release.asp?Counter=1343 [accessed 14 March 2005]
w6. Committee on Quality of Healthcare in America. Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st century. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine, 2001.
- Editorial Published: 17 August 2006; BMJ 333 doi:10.1136/bmj.38943.408021.80
- Clinical Review Published: 17 March 2005; BMJ 330 doi:10.1136/bmj.330.7492.644
- Clinical Review Published: 17 March 2005; BMJ 330 doi:10.1136/bmj.330.7492.648
- Education And Debate Published: 17 March 2005; BMJ 330 doi:10.1136/bmj.330.7492.654
- Learning In PracticeWhat should undergraduate medical students know about psoriasis? Involving patients in curriculum development: modified Delphi techniquePublished: 17 March 2005; BMJ 330 doi:10.1136/bmj.330.7492.633
- Education And Debate Published: 17 March 2005; BMJ 330 doi:10.1136/bmj.330.7492.651
- Editorial Published: 17 March 2005; BMJ 330 doi:10.1136/bmj.330.7492.612
- Review Published: 17 March 2005; BMJ 330 doi:10.1136/bmj.330.7492.679
- Learning In Practice Published: 17 March 2005; BMJ 330 doi:10.1136/bmj.330.7492.637
- Education And Debate Published: 17 March 2005; BMJ 330 doi:10.1136/bmj.330.7492.667
- Editorial Published: 17 March 2005; BMJ 330 doi:10.1136/bmj.330.7492.610
- NHS gets £5.9bn funding boost in autumn budget to tackle waiting lists in EnglandBMJ October 28, 2021, 375 n2637; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n2637
- Covid-19: Trump’s “distraction” by the 2020 election led to thousands of deaths, says pandemic response adviserBMJ October 28, 2021, 375 n2636; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n2636
- Three years of medical school is as good as four, US study findsBMJ October 28, 2021, 375 n2634; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n2634
- Covid-19: US and China prepare for mass vaccination of children under 12BMJ October 28, 2021, 375 n2631; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n2631
- Freezing duty on alcohol undermines plans for healthier tax system, say expertsBMJ October 28, 2021, 375 n2630; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n2630
- Use of a Shared Medical Record With Secure Messaging by Older Patients With Diabetes
- Postfracture care for older women: Gaps between optimal care and actual care
- Polymorbidity in diabetes in older people: consequences for care and vocational training
- China's health challenges
- Translating the Chronic Care Model Into the Community: Results from a randomized controlled trial of a multifaceted diabetes care intervention