Risk factors, prevalence, and treatment of anxiety and depressive disorders in Pakistan: systematic reviewBMJ 2004; 328 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.328.7443.794 (Published 01 April 2004) Cite this as: BMJ 2004;328:794
- Extra references
- Ali B, Saud M, Mohammad SN, Lobo M, Midhet F, Ali SA. Psychiatric morbidity: prevalence, associated factors and significance. J Pak Med Assoc 1993;43:69-70.
- Ali B, Amanullah S. Prevalence of anxiety and depression in an urban squatter settlement of Karachi. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 2000;10:4-6.
- Bender K. Social problems in Pakistani psychiatric patients. Int J Social Psychiatry 2001;47:32-41.
- Dodani D, Zuberi R. Center-based prevalence of anxiety and depression in women of the northern areas of Pakistan. J Pak Med Assoc 2000;50:138-40.
- Gadit A, Vahidy A, Shafique F. Mental health morbidity: an experience in a community psychiatric clinic. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 1998;8:262-4.
- Gadit A. Pattern of mental health morbidity. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 2001;11:706-8.
- Hussain N, Creed F, Tomenson B. Depression and social stress in Pakistan. Psychol Med 2000;30:395-402.
- Javed M, Tareen I, Meerza T. Community based mental health care programme. Pak J Clin Psychiatry 1991;1:127-32.
- Javed M. Psychiatric morbidity among male students. J Pak Med Assoc 1994;44:85-6.
- Malik S, Bokharey I. Psychiatric admissions in a teaching hospital: a profile of 177 patients. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 1999;9:359-61.
- Malik S, Bokharey I. Breaking the chains. Psychiatric Bull 2001;25:273-5.
- Minhas F, Farooq S, Rahman A, Hussain N, Mubbashar MH. In-patient psychiatric morbidity in a tertiary care mental health facility; a study based on psychiatric case register. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 2001;11:224-8.
- Mumford DB, Nazir M, Jilani FU, Baig IY. Stress and psychiatric disorder in the Hindu Kush: a community survey of mountain villages in Chitral, Pakistan. Br J Psychiatry 1996;168:299-307.
- Mumford DB, Saeed K, Ahmad I, Latif S, Mubbashar MH. Stress and psychiatric disorder in rural Punjab. A community survey. Br J Psychiatry 1997;170:473-8.
- Mumford DB, Minhas FA, Akhtar I, Akhter S, Mubbashar MH. Stress and psychiatric disorder in urban Rawalpindi. Community survey. Br J Psychiatry 2000;177:557-62.
- Naeem S. Vulnerability factors for depression in Pakistani women. J Pak Med Assoc 1992;42:137-8.
- Rabbani R. Views about women’s mental health: study in a squatter settlement of Karachi. J Pak Med Assoc 1999;49:139-42.
- Rabbani R, Raja F. The minds of mothers: maternal mental health in an urban squatter settlement of Karachi. J Pak Med Assoc 2000;49:306-12.
- Saeed K, Rehman I, Mubbashar M. Prevalence of psychiatric morbidity among the attendees of a native faith healer at Rawalpindi. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 2000;10:7-9.
- Saeed K, Gater R, Hussain A, Mubbashar M. The prevalence, classification and treatment of mental disorders among attenders of native faith healers in rural Pakistan. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 2000;35:480-5.
- This Week In The BMJ Published: 01 April 2004; BMJ 328 doi:10.1136/bmj.328.7443.0-b
- Editorial Published: 01 April 2004; BMJ 328 doi:10.1136/bmj.328.7443.777
- Chronic insomnia: diagnosis and non-pharmacological managementBMJ November 16, 2016, 355 i5819; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5819
- Risks of duloxetine for stress incontinence outweigh benefits, say researchersBMJ November 15, 2016, 355 i6103; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6103
- Manufacturers tell FDA why they should be able to promote drugs and devices off labelBMJ November 14, 2016, 355 i6098; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6098
- Dietitians have important role in mental health team, say researchersBMJ November 03, 2016, 355 i5913; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5913
- Daylight saving is linked to depression, Danish study findsBMJ November 01, 2016, 355 i5857; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5857
- Predictors, help-seeking behaviour and treatment coverage for depression in adults in Sehore district, India
- Situational Analysis of Intimate Partner Violence Interventions in South Asian and Middle Eastern Countries
- Prevalence and determinants of depressive and anxiety symptoms in adults with type 2 diabetes in China: a cross-sectional study
- Prevalence of depressive symptoms and associated socio-demographic factors among recruits during military training
- Cognitive-Behavioral Counseling for Exclusive Breastfeeding in Rural Pediatrics: A Cluster RCT
- Maternal mental health: program and policy implications
- Case-control study of suicide in Karachi, Pakistan
- Life stress and depression in a tribal area of Pakistan