Preventing falls in elderly peopleBMJ 2004; 328 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.328.7441.653 (Published 18 March 2004) Cite this as: BMJ 2004;328:653
w1 Sheldon JH. On the natural history of falls in old age. BMJ 1960;ii:1685-90.
w2 Campbell AJ, Robertson MC, Gardner MM, Norton RN, Tilyard MW, Buchner DM. Randomised controlled trial of a general practice programme of home based exercise to prevent falls in elderly women. BMJ 1997;315:1065-9.
w3 Means KM, Rodell DE, O’Sullivan PS, Cranford LA. Rehabilitation of elderly fallers: pilot study of a low to moderate intensity exercise program. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1996;77:1030-6.
w4 Brouwer BJ. Walker C. Rydahl SJ. Culham EG. Reducing fear of falling in seniors through education and activity programs: a randomized trial. J Am Geriatr Soc 2003;51:829-34.
w5. Salkeld G, Cameron ID, Cumming RG, Easter S, Seymour J, Kurrle SE, et al. Quality of life related to fear of falling and hip fracture in older women: a time trade off study. BMJ 2000:320:341-6.
- This Week In The BMJ Published: 18 March 2004; BMJ 328 doi:10.1136/bmj.328.7441.0-d
- Primary CareInterventions for the prevention of falls in older adults: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised clinical trialsPublished: 18 March 2004; BMJ 328 doi:10.1136/bmj.328.7441.680
- PaperEffectiveness of targeted falls prevention programme in subacute hospital setting: randomised controlled trialPublished: 18 March 2004; BMJ 328 doi:10.1136/bmj.328.7441.676
- Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer in individuals with previous colorectal neoplasia: systematic review and network meta-analysisBMJ December 05, 2016, 355 i6188; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6188
- NHS to fund large trial of pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV preventionBMJ December 05, 2016, 355 i6537; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6537
- Bill to boost medical research funding and speed drug approval passes US houseBMJ December 01, 2016, 355 i6498; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6498
- Alpha blockers for treatment of ureteric stones: systematic review and meta-analysisBMJ December 01, 2016, 355 i6112; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6112
- Sixty seconds on . . . solanezumabBMJ November 29, 2016, 355 i6389; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6389