Epidemiology of chronic fatigue syndrome and self reported myalgic encephalomyelitis in 5-15 year olds: cross sectional studyBMJ 2003; 327 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.327.7416.654 (Published 18 September 2003) Cite this as: BMJ 2003;327:654
- Additional references
w1 Dobbins J, Randall B, Reyes M, Steele L, Livens E, Reeves W. the prevalence of chronic fatigue illnesses among adolescents in the United States. J Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 1997;3:15-27.
w2 Jordan K, Ayers P, Jahn S, Taylor K, Huang C, Richman J, et al. Prevalence of fatigue and chronic fatigue syndrome-like illness in children and adolescents. J Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 2000;6:3-21.
w3 Richards J, Smith F. Chronic fatigue syndrome in children and adolescents: general practitioners’ experience of the problem and their views about its treatment. Psychiatr Bull 1998;22:203-6.
w4 Dowsett E, Colby J. Long term sickness absence due to ME/CFS in schools: an epidemiological study with medical and educational implications. J Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 1997;3:29-43.
w5 Speight a< Kumar P, Sabei J. Paediatric chronic fatigue syndrome in one health authority—epidemiology, spectrum of severity and natural history. Arch Dis Child 2000;82:G215.
- Thiazide diuretics seem to protect against fractureBMJ November 22, 2016, 355 i6263; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6263
- Steroid injections through the eardrum reduce dizziness in Meniere’s disease, study findsBMJ November 18, 2016, 355 i6185; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6185
- Chronic insomnia: diagnosis and non-pharmacological managementBMJ November 16, 2016, 355 i5819; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5819
- Risks of duloxetine for stress incontinence outweigh benefits, say researchersBMJ November 15, 2016, 355 i6103; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6103
- How changes to drug prohibition could be good for the UK—an essay by Molly Meacher and Nick CleggBMJ November 14, 2016, 355 i6006; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6006
- Epidemiology of paediatric chronic fatigue syndrome in Australia
- Illness duration, mood and symptom impact in adolescents with chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis?
- Physical activity patterns among children and adolescents with mild-to-moderate chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis
- Adolescents descriptions of fatigue, fluctuation and payback in chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalopathy (CFS/ME): interviews with adolescents and parents
- Using the internet to cope with chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis in adolescence: a qualitative study
- Physical activity at age 11 years and chronic disabling fatigue at ages 13 and 16 years in a UK birth cohort
- Clinical and cost-effectiveness of the Lightning Process in addition to specialist medical care for paediatric chronic fatigue syndrome: randomised controlled trial
- Practical management of chronic fatigue syndrome or myalgic encephalomyelitis in childhood
- Persisting fatigue and myalgia as the presenting features in a case of hypokalaemic periodic paralysis
- Natural course of chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis in adolescents
- Children's experiences of chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME): a systematic review and meta-ethnography of qualitative studies
- Managed Activity Graded Exercise iN Teenagers and pre-Adolescents (MAGENTA) feasibility randomised controlled trial: study protocol
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome at Age 16 Years
- What matters to children with CFS/ME? A conceptual model as the first stage in developing a PROM
- The epidemiology of chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalitis in children
- Depression in paediatric chronic fatigue syndrome
- Internet-Based Therapy for Adolescents With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Long-term Follow-up
- Chronic Disabling Fatigue at Age 13 and Association With Family Adversity
- Unidentified Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) is a major cause of school absence: surveillance outcomes from school-based clinics
- Adolescent Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Prevalence, Incidence, and Morbidity
- Depression and anxiety in children with CFS/ME: cause or effect?
- Phenotypes of chronic fatigue syndrome in children and young people
- Association between school absence and physical function in paediatric chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalopathy
- Is chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS/ME) heritable in children, and if so, why does it matter?
- Incidence, Prognosis, and Risk Factors for Fatigue and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in Adolescents: A Prospective Community Study
- Mirrored Symptoms in Mother and Child With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- The management of children with chronic fatigue syndrome-like illness in primary care: a cross-sectional study
- It's not all in ME mind, doc
- Chronic fatigue syndrome and health control in adolescents and parents
- Prevalence of severe fatigue in primary care
- Is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome a Connective Tissue Disorder? A Cross-Sectional Study in Adolescents
- A feasibility study comparing two treatment approaches for chronic fatigue syndrome in adolescents
- Cognitive behaviour therapy for adolescents with chronic fatigue syndrome: randomised controlled trial
- Childhood predictors of self reported chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis in adults: national birth cohort study
- Prevalence of chronic disabling fatigue in children and adolescents
- Chronic Fatigue in Children
- Chronic Fatigue in Children