Ultrasonic locating devices for central venous cannulation: meta-analysisBMJ 2003; 327 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.327.7411.361 (Published 14 August 2003) Cite this as: BMJ 2003;327:361
- w1. Alderson PJ, Burrows FA, Stemp LI, Holtby HM. Use of ultrasound to evaluate internal jugular vein anatomy and to facilitate central venous cannulation in paediatric patients. Brit J Anaesth 1993;70:145-8.
w2. Bold RJ, Winchester DJ, Madary AR, Gregurich MA, Mansfield PF. Prospective, randomized trial of Doppler-assisted subclavian vein catheterization. Arch Surg 1998;133:1089-93.
w3. Branger B, Dauzat M, Zabadani B, Vecina F, Lefranc JY. Pulsed Doppler sonography for the guidance of vein puncture: a prospective study. Artif Organs 1995;19:933-8.
w4. Gilbert TB, Seneff MG, Becker RB. Facilitation of internal jugular venous cannulation using an audio-guided Doppler ultrasound vascular access device: results from a prospective, dual-center, randomized, crossover clinical study. Crit Care Med 1995;23:60-5.
w5. Gratz I, Afshar M, Kidwell P, Weiman DS, Shariff HM. Doppler-guided cannulation of the internal jugular vein: a prospective, randomized trial. J Clin Monitoring 1994;10:185-8.
w6. Gualtieri E, Deppe SA, Sipperly ME, Thompson DR. Subclavian venous catheterization—greater success rate for less experienced operators using ultrasound guidance. Crit Care Med 1995;23:692-7.
w7. Hilty WM, Hudson PA, Levitt MA, Hall JB. Real-time ultrasound-guided femoral vein catheterization during cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Ann Emerg Med 1997;29(3):331-7.
w8. Lefrant JY, Cuvillon P, Benezet JF, Dauzat M, Peray P, Saissi G, et al. Pulsed Doppler ultrasonography guidance for catheterization of the subclavian vein: a randomized study. Anesthesiology 1998;88:1195-201.
w9. Mallory DL, McGee WT, Shawker TH, Brenner M, Bailey KR, Evans RG, et al. Ultrasound guidance improves the success rate of internal jugular vein cannulation. A prospective, randomized trial. Chest 1990;98:157-60.
w10. Nadig C, Leidig M, Schmiedeke T, Hoffken B. The use of ultrasound for the placement of dialysis catheters. Nephrol Dial Transplantation 1998;13:978-81.
w11. Slama M, Novara A, Safavian A, Ossart M, Safar M, Fagon JY. Improvement of internal jugular vein cannulation using an ultrasound-guided techniqne. Intensive Care Med 1997; 23:916-9.
w12. Soyer P, Lacheheb D, Levesque M. High-resolution sonographic guidance for transjugular liver biopsy. Abdominal Imaging 1993;18:360-2.
w13. Sulek CA, Blas ML, Lobato EB. A randomized study of left versus right internal jugular vein cannulation in adults. J Clin Anesth 2000;12:142-5.
w14. Teichgraber UK, Benter T, Gebel M, Manns MP. A sonographically guided technique for central venous access. Am J Roentgenol 1997;169:731-3.
w15. Troianos CA, Jobes DR, Ellison N. Ultrasound-guided cannulation of the internal jugular vein. A prospective, randomized study. Anesth Analg 1991;72:823-6.
w16. Verghese ST, McGill WA, Patel RI, Sell JE, Midgley FM, Ruttimann UE. Ultrasound-guided internal jugular venous cannulation in infants: a prospective comparison with the traditional palpation method. Anesthesiology 1999;91:71-7.
w17. Verghese ST, McGill WA, Patel RI, Sell JE, Midgley FM, Ruttimann UE. Comparison of three techniques for internal jugular vein cannulation in infants. Paediatr Anaesth 2000;10:505-11.
w18. Vucevic M, Tehan B, Gamlin F, Berridge JC, Boylan M. The SMART needle. A new Doppler ultrasound-guided vascular access needle. Anaesthesia 1994;49:889-91.
- This Week In The BMJ Published: 14 August 2003; BMJ 327 doi:10.1136/bmj.327.7411.0-a
- Editor's Choice Published: 14 August 2003; BMJ 327 doi:10.1136/bmj.327.7411.0-g
- ResearchUltrasound imaging for lumbar punctures and epidural catheterisations: systematic review and meta-analysisPublished: 26 March 2013; BMJ 346 doi:10.1136/bmj.f1720
- Clinical Review Published: 11 November 2013; BMJ 347 doi:10.1136/bmj.f6570
- Student Published: 01 November 2006; BMJ 333 doi:10.1136/sbmj.0611406
- An adolescent with disabling abdominal painBMJ December 07, 2016, 355 i6101; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6101
- Whole brain radiotherapy for brain metastasesBMJ December 05, 2016, 355 i6483; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6483
- Commitment to talking not just treatingBMJ December 05, 2016, 355 i6471; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6471
- Doctors need dragging out of their comfort zone to avert the antimicrobial crisis, says lordBMJ December 02, 2016, 355 i6517; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6517
- Association between screening and the thyroid cancer “epidemic” in South Korea: evidence from a nationwide studyBMJ November 30, 2016, 355 i5745; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5745
- Ultrasound guidance for internal jugular vein cannulation in PICU: a randomised controlled trial
- Catheter-related Complications of Subcutaneous Implantable Venous Access Devices in Breast Cancer Patients
- Sonography for Complete Evaluation of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Central Support Devices: A Pilot Study
- Right heart catheterisation: indications and interpretation
- Defining Competencies for Ultrasound-Guided Bedside Procedures: Consensus Opinions From Canadian Physicians
- Central Venous Catheterization: Are We Using Ultrasound Guidance?
- Ultrasound for Internal Medicine Physicians: The Future of the Physical Examination
- Central venous catheters
- Ultrasound guidance for difficult peripheral venous access: systematic review and meta-analysis
- Systematic review: is real-time ultrasonic-guided central line placement by ED physicians more successful than the traditional landmark approach?
- Ultrasound imaging for lumbar punctures and epidural catheterisations: systematic review and meta-analysis
- Point-of-Care Echocardiography in the Accountable Care Organization Era
- Sonoanatomy relevant for ultrasound-guided central neuraxial blocks via the paramedian approach in the lumbar region
- Comparison of Sonography and Computed Tomography as Imaging Tools for Assessment of Airway Structures
- Ultrasound-guided peripheral venous cannulation using the Seldinger technique
- Ultrasound-Guided Arterial Puncture
- Real-Time Ultrasound Guidance Facilitates Femoral Arterial Access and Reduces Vascular Complications: FAUST (Femoral Arterial Access With Ultrasound Trial)
- Comparison of landmark technique and ultrasound guidance for localisation of long saphenous vein in infants and children
- When Ultrasound Is Not Enough * Reply * Comment
- Ultrasound-Guided Femoral Dialysis Access Placement: A Single-Center Randomized Trial
- Video Analysis of Accidental Arterial Cannulation With Dynamic Ultrasound Guidance for Central Venous Access
- Bedside Ultrasound in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Pneumothorax after insertion of central venous catheters in the intensive care unit: association with month of year and week of month
- Central venous access: anatomy and ultrasound
- Should ultrasound guidance be used for central venous catheterisation in the emergency department?
- Other articles noted: 25 Jul 03 to 7 Nov 03
- Ultrasound Makes Central Line Placement Easier