Spirituality and clinical careBMJ 2002; 325 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.325.7378.1434 (Published 21 December 2002) Cite this as: BMJ 2002;325:1434
w1 Brierley P, ed. Religious trends. No 2: 1999/2000.London: Christian Research, 2000.
w2 World Health Organization. WHOQOL and spirituality, religiousness and personal beliefs: report on WHO consultation. Geneva: WHO, 1998.
w3 Teasdale JD, Segal ZV, Williams JM, Ridgeway VA, Soulsby JM, Lau MA. Prevention of relapse/recurrence in major depression by mindfulness-based cognitive therapy. J Consult Clin Psychol 2000;68:615-23.
w4 Ross LA. Spiritual aspects of nursing. J Adv Nursing, 1994;19:439-47.
w5 Roberts G. Narrative and severe mental illness: what place do stories have in an evidence-based world? Adv Psychiatr Treatment 2000;6:432-41.
w6 Nolan P Crawford P. Towards a rhetoric of spirituality in mental health care. J Adv Nursing 1997;26:289-94.
w7 Puchalski CM, Larson DB. Developing curricula in spirituality and medicine. Acad Med 1998;73:970-4.
w8 Johnson GS, Culliford LD. Healing from within: a guide for assessing the religious and spiritual aspects of people’s lives. Brighton: South Downs Health NHS Trust, 2001.
w9 Godlee F. Getting evidence into practice. BMJ 1998;317:6.
w10 Orchard H. Hospital chaplaincy: modern, dependable? A research report of the Lincoln Theological Institute, University of Sheffield. Sheffield: Academic Press, 2000.
- Thrombectomy can be considered up to 24 hours after onset of stroke, says NICEBMJ November 23, 2018, 363 k4995; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.k4995
- Endovascular treatment for acute ischaemic stroke in routine clinical practice: prospective, observational cohort study (MR CLEAN Registry)BMJ March 09, 2018, 360 k949; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.k949
- Development and validation of outcome prediction models for aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage: the SAHIT multinational cohort studyBMJ January 18, 2018, 360 j5745; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.j5745
- Lying flat after stroke achieves similar outcomes to sitting up, trial findsBMJ June 23, 2017, 357 j3051; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.j3051
- Long term aircraft noise is linked to incidence of high blood pressureBMJ June 14, 2017, 357 j2872; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.j2872
- Sources of spiritual well-being in advanced cancer
- Taking a spiritual history
- Spirituality and clinical care