Education And Debate
Deaf lesbians, “designer disability,” and the future of medicineBMJ 2002; 325 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.325.7367.771 (Published 05 October 2002) Cite this as: BMJ 2002;325:771
For discussion on equality and disability
- Boyd K M. Disability. J Med Ethics 2001;27:361-62. (editorial)
- Diesfeld K. Disability matters in medical law. J Med Ethics 2001;27:388-92. (Equality and disability symposium)
- Edwards S D. Prevention of disability on grounds of suffering. J Med Ethics 2001;27:380-2. (Equality and disability symposium)
- Gillam L. Prenatal diagnosis and discrimination against the disabled. J Med Ethics 1999;25:163-71.
- Harris J. Is there a coherent social conception of disability? J Med Ethics 2000;26:95-100.
- Harris J. One principle and three fallacies of disability studies. J Med Ethics 2001;27:383-7. (Equality and disability symposium)
- Harris J. One principle and a fourth fallacy of disability studies. J Med Ethics 2002;28:204.
- Jones R B. Impairment, disability and handicap—old fashioned concepts? J Med Ethics 2001;27:377-9. (Equality and disability symposium)
- Koch T. Disability and difference: balancing social and physical constructions. J Med Ethics 2001;27:370-6. (Equality and disability symposium)
- Newell C. The social nature of disability, disease and genetics: a response to Gillam, Persson, Draper and Chadwick. J Med Ethics 1999;25:172–5.
- Reindal SM. Disability, gene therapy and eugenics—a challenge to John Harris. J Med Ethics 2000;26:89–94.
Access to the above articles (abstract or full text) can be found on http://jme.bmjjournals.com
- This Week In The BMJ Published: 05 October 2002; BMJ 325 doi:10.1136/bmj.325.7367.0/g
- Letter Published: 14 December 2002; BMJ 325 doi:10.1136/bmj.325.7377.1423/a
- The BMJ Christmas appeal 2016-7: Orbis, the sight saversBMJ December 01, 2016, 355 i6425; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6425
- Clinical commissioning groups will be rated on sepsis careBMJ November 25, 2016, 355 i6361; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6361
- Social care is “most urgent” priority for autumn statement, say leading think tanksBMJ November 08, 2016, 355 i5999; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5999
- What a patient with a learning disability would like you to knowBMJ October 05, 2016, 355 i5296; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5296
- Clinton promises to expand healthcare access and cut out-of-pocket costsBMJ September 30, 2016, 354 i5328; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i5328
- Questioning the significance of the non-identity problem in applied ethics
- Ethics for the Pediatrician: A Brave New Pediatrics? Managing the Desire for Better Children Through Biotechnological Enhancement
- When choosing the traits of children is hurtful to others
- Genetic selection for deafness: the views of hearing children of deaf adults
- In defence of Procreative Beneficence
- The best possible child
- Sex selection and regulated hatred
- Uses and abuses of genetic engineering
- People with partial hearing need to seek hearing potential