Education And Debate
Risk factor thresholds: their existence under scrutinyBMJ 2002; 324 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.324.7353.1570 (Published 29 June 2002) Cite this as: BMJ 2002;324:1570
- This Week In The BMJ Published: 29 June 2002; BMJ 324 doi:10.1136/bmj.324.7353.0/e
- Editorial Published: 30 August 2007; BMJ 335 doi:10.1136/bmj.39310.540683.80
- Letter Published: 09 November 2002; BMJ 325 doi:10.1136/bmj.325.7372.1114
- Editorial Published: 13 September 2007; BMJ 335 doi:10.1136/bmj.39329.384329.BE
- Physical activity: a (mobile) call to actionBMJ January 28, 2020, 368 m316; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m316
- NICE recommends implantable monitor to identify atrial fibrillation after strokeBMJ January 14, 2020, 368 m133; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m133
- Inclisiran: UK to roll out new cholesterol lowering drug from next yearBMJ January 13, 2020, 368 m139; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m139
- Revascularisation: reducing variation in waiting times could reduce amputations, audit findsBMJ December 18, 2019, 367 l7024; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l7024
- High levels of bad cholesterol in early middle age are linked to CVD risk decades later, study findsBMJ December 04, 2019, 367 l6814; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l6814
- Developing and validating a cardiovascular risk score for patients in the community with prior cardiovascular disease
- Discordance between Circulating Atherogenic Cholesterol Mass and Lipoprotein Particle Concentration in Relation to Future Coronary Events in Women
- Stroke Risk Factors, Genetics, and Prevention
- Accumulating Evidence of Benefits From Intensive Blood Pressure Lowering: Are We There Yet?
- Predicting the Effects of Blood Pressure-Lowering Treatment on Major Cardiovascular Events for Individual Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Results From Action in Diabetes and Vascular Disease: Preterax and Diamicron MR Controlled Evaluation
- Discordance of Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL) Cholesterol With Alternative LDL-Related Measures and Future Coronary Events
- Albuminuria in the Normal Range: The Lower Is Not the Better
- Health economic potential of early nutrition programming: a model calculation of long-term reduction in blood pressure and related morbidity costs by use of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid-supplemented formula
- Time for a Policy Change for Coronary Artery Calcium Testing in Asymptomatic People?
- Absolute and Attributable Risks of Atrial Fibrillation in Relation to Optimal and Borderline Risk Factors: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study
- The Polypill in the Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases: Key Concepts, Current Status, Challenges, and Future Directions
- Endothelial Function Predicts Progression of Carotid Intima-Media Thickness
- Time to Foster a Rational Approach to Preventing Cardiovascular Morbid Events
- Problems with performance related pay in primary care
- Reassessing normal blood pressure
- The polypill: at what price would it become cost effective?
- Implications of stroke prevention trials: Treatment of global risk
- Blood Glucose and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease in the Asia Pacific Region
- Explaining the Increase in Coronary Heart Disease Mortality in Beijing Between 1984 and 1999
- Triglyceride-rich lipoprotein remnant levels and metabolism: Time to adopt these orphan risk factors?
- Optimal low-density lipoprotein is 50 to 70 mg/dl: Lower is better and physiologically normal
- Metabolic syndrome amplifies the age-associated increases in vascular thickness and stiffness
- Inbreeding and risk of late onset complex disease
- Coronary heart disease prevention: insights from modelling incremental cost effectiveness
- Is opportunistic disease prevention in the consultation ethically justifiable?
- A strategy to reduce cardiovascular disease by more than 80%
- A cure for cardiovascular disease?
- Value of low dose combination treatment with blood pressure lowering drugs: analysis of 354 randomised trials
- Homocysteine and cardiovascular disease: evidence on causality from a meta-analysis
- Risk factor thresholds