Prospective health impact assessment: pitfalls, problems, and possible ways forwardBMJ 2001; 323 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.323.7322.1177 (Published 17 November 2001) Cite this as: BMJ 2001;323:1177
w1 Winters L, Scott-Samuel A. Health impact assessment of the community safety projects Huyton SRB area. Liverpool: Liverpool Public Health Observatory, 1997. (Report Series No 38.)
w2 Fleeman N. Health impact assessment of the Southport drug prevention initiative. Liverpool: Liverpool Public Health Observatory, 1997. (Report Series No 39.)
w3 Winters L. Health impact assessment of the International Astronomy and Space Exploration Centre. Liverpool: Liverpool Public Health Observatory, 1998. (Report Series No 43.)
w4 Fleeman N. A prospective health impact assessment of the Merseyside Integrated Transport Strategy (MerITS). Liverpool: Liverpool Public Health Observatory, 1999. (Report Series No 45.)
w5 Fleeman N, Scott-Samuel A. Health impact assessment of the Southport drug prevention initiative. J Public Health Med 2000;22:268-73.
w6 Health impact assessment of the City of Edinburgh Council’s urban transport strategy. Glasgow: Scottish Needs Assessment Programme, 2000.
w7 Breeze C, Kemm J. The health potential of the objective I programme for West Wales and the Valleys: a preliminary health impact assessment. Cardiff: National Assembly for Wales, 2000.
w8 Mulrow CD, Oxman A, eds. How to conduct a systematic review. In: The Cochrane handbook. Oxford: Cochrane Collaboration, 1997.
w9 Mulrow C.D. Rationale for systematic reviews. BMJ 1994;309:597-9.
w10 Breslow RA, Ross SA, Weed DL. Quality of reviews in Epidemiology. Am J Public Health 1998;88:475-7.
w11 Egger M, Dickersin K, Davey Smith D. Problems and limitations in conducting systematic reviews. In: Egger M, Davey Smith G, Altman D, eds. Systematic reviews in health care: meta-analysis in context. London: BMJ Books, 2001.
w12 Popay J, Rogers A, Williams G. Rationale and standards for the systematic review of qualitative literature in health services research. Qualitative Health Research 1998;8:341-51.
w13 Petticrew M. Systematic reviews from astronomy to zoology: myths and misconceptions. BMJ 2001;322:98-101.
w14 Murphy E, Dingwell R, Greatbatch D. Qualitative methods in health technology assessment: a review of the literature. Health Technology Assessment 1998;2(16). [Monograph.]
w15 Patton M. Qualitative evaluation and research methods. London: Sage, 1990.
w16 Boruch RE. Randomized experiments for planning and evaluation: a practical guide. London: Sage, 1994. (Applied Social Research Methods Series Vol 44.)
w17 Fulbright-Anderson K, Kubisch AC, Connell JP, eds. New approaches to evaluating community initiatives. Vol 2. Theory, measurement and analysis. Washington DC: Aspen Institute, 1998.
- Evidence review ordered by government backs minimum alcohol pricingBMJ December 05, 2016, 355 i6546; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6546
- Woman denied abortion in Ireland is offered €30 000 compensationBMJ December 05, 2016, 355 i6530; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6530
- Communicating risk to patients in the emergency departmentBMJ December 05, 2016, 355 i6437; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6437
- The Association of Cancer Physicians responds to “Cancer drugs, survival, and ethics”BMJ December 05, 2016, 355 i6487; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6487
- The future of NHS dentistry in ScotlandBMJ December 05, 2016, 355 i6466; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i6466
- Health effects of home energy efficiency interventions in England: a modelling study
- Lessons From San Francisco: Health Impact Assessments Have Advanced Political Conditions For Improving Population Health
- Is the increasing policy use of Impact Assessment in Europe likely to undermine efforts to achieve healthy public policy?
- Validity of predictions in health impact assessment
- Use of health impact assessment in incorporating health considerations in decision making.
- HEALTH IMPACT ASSESSMENT
- Projected health impact of the Los Angeles City living wage ordinance
- Health impact assessment: assessing opportunities and barriers to intersectoral health improvement in an expanded European Union
- Evaluation of the health effects of a neighbourhood traffic calming scheme
- Prospects for Health Impact Assessment in the United States: New andImproved Environmental Impact Assessment or Something Different?
- A glossary for health impact assessment
- Assessing health impact assessment: multidisciplinary and international perspectives
- Health impact assessment of housing improvements: incorporating research evidence