Familial hypercholesterolaemia is underdiagnosed after AMIBMJ 2001; 322 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.322.7278.111 (Published 13 January 2001) Cite this as: BMJ 2001;322:111
- Micha F Dorsch (firstname.lastname@example.org), British Heart Foundation research fellow,
- Richard A Lawrance, British Heart Foundation research fellow,
- Nigel P Durham, British Heart Foundation research fellow,
- Alistair S Hall, professor of clinical cardiology
- British Heart Foundation Heart Research Centre, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds LS2 9JT
EDITOR—Neil et al report on the underdiagnosis of familial hypercholesterolaemia in routine practice.1 Unfortunately, things are not much better with regard to care after acute myocardial infarction.
In 1995 we evaluated the care of 2153 consecutive patients admitted over three months with acute myocardial infarction to 20 adjacent …