Referral and diagnostic process in suspected colorectal cancer needs to be improved to achieve two week targetBMJ 2000; 321 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.321.7275.1527 (Published 16 December 2000) Cite this as: BMJ 2000;321:1527
- Coliette Riesewyk, diagnostic service manager,
- Chris Hayward, specialist registrar,
- Veda Enser, divisional manager,
- John Northover, consultant surgeon (email@example.com)
- St Mark's Hospital, North West London Hospital NHS Trust, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 3UJ
EDITOR—In response to the government initiative to improve the diagnosis of cancer, and using the recently published referral guidelines for suspected colorectal cancer, we have completed a three month pilot study looking at the introduction of the two week target at the North West London Hospitals NHS Trust.
Consultation occurred with general practitioners in the pilot area's primary care group. The general practitioners were asked to use a specific two week target …