Research is needed to determine how to integrate complementary medicine into the NHSBMJ 1998; 317 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.317.7173.1654 (Published 12 December 1998) Cite this as: BMJ 1998;317:1654
- E Ernst, Head of department,
- N C Armstrong, Research fellow,
- A R White, Research fellow,
- M H Pittler, Research fellow
- Department of Complementary Medicine, School of Postgraduate Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Exeter, Exeter EX2 4NT
E>DITOR—Recently there has been much interest in integrating complementary medicine into the NHS. In May the Foundation for Integrated Medicine hosted a conference on integrated health care. Although much debate took place, no definite criteria for integration emerged from the discussions.
To determine which criteria might be useful we questioned healthcare professionals and unit managers from a wide …