Randomised, double blind, multicentre comparison of hydrochlorothiazide, atenolol, nitrendipine, and enalapril in antihypertensive treatment: results of the HANE studyBMJ 1997; 315 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.315.7101.154 (Published 19 July 1997) Cite this as: BMJ 1997;315:154
- This Week In The BMJ Published: 19 July 1997; BMJ 315 doi:10.1136/bmj.315.7101.0b
- Editor's Choice Published: 19 July 1997; BMJ 315 doi:10.1136/bmj.315.7101.0
- Physical activity: a (mobile) call to actionBMJ January 28, 2020, 368 m316; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m316
- NICE recommends implantable monitor to identify atrial fibrillation after strokeBMJ January 14, 2020, 368 m133; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m133
- Inclisiran: UK to roll out new cholesterol lowering drug from next yearBMJ January 13, 2020, 368 m139; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m139
- Revascularisation: reducing variation in waiting times could reduce amputations, audit findsBMJ December 18, 2019, 367 l7024; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l7024
- High levels of bad cholesterol in early middle age are linked to CVD risk decades later, study findsBMJ December 04, 2019, 367 l6814; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l6814
- Predicting Stroke Risk in Hypertensive Patients With Coronary Artery Disease: A Report From the INVEST
- Renin: friend or foe?
- Irbesartan Reduces the Albumin Excretion Rate in Microalbuminuric Type 2 Diabetic Patients Independently of Hypertension: A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled crossover study
- Daily regimen and compliance with treatment
- HYPERTENSION: Matching the right drug to the right patient in essential hypertension
- Evidence based management of hypertension: What are the elements of good treatment for hypertension?
- Baseline Characteristics of Participants in the Antihypertensive and Lipid Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT)
- When should hypertension be treated? The different perspectives of Canadian family physicians and patients
- Choosing a first-line drug in the management of elevated blood pressure: What is the evidence? 3: Angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors
- Choosing a first-line drug in the management of elevated blood pressure: What is the evidence? 1: Thiazide diuretics
- Influence of Diabetes and Type of Hypertension on Response to Antihypertensive Treatment
- Real-world effectiveness of antihypertensive drugs
- British Hypertension Society guidelines for hypertension management 1999: summary
- Systematic review of antihypertensive therapies: Does the evidence assist in choosing a first-line drug?
- Influence of the Angiotensin II Antagonist Valsartan on Left Ventricular Hypertrophy in Patients With Essential Hypertension
- Evidence is needed that ss blockade alone reduces mortality in hypertension
- WHAT'S THE BEST FIRST STEP IN ANTIHYPERTENSIVE THERAPY?