Intended for healthcare professionals


Women with urinary incontinence should be referred to a specialist

BMJ 1996; 313 doi: (Published 21 September 1996) Cite this as: BMJ 1996;313:754
  1. Jonathan R A Duckett, Specialist registrar
  1. Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Good Hope Hospital, Sutton Coldfield B75 7RR

    EDITOR,—Arnfinn Seim and colleagues give some useful reminders about improvements that can be achieved by treating urinary incontinence in women in general practice.1 At the end of their study, however, 80% of the women were still incontinent to some extent. It is interesting that only 16% of the patients …

    View Full Text

    Log in

    Log in through your institution


    * For online subscription