Higher mortality in deprived areas: community or personal disadvantage?BMJ 1994; 309 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.309.6967.1470 (Published 03 December 1994) Cite this as: BMJ 1994;309:1470
- No related articles found.
- River blindness in East Africa: gains and lossesBMJ January 21, 2020, 368 m155; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m155
- Association of ideal cardiovascular health at age 50 with incidence of dementia: 25 year follow-up of Whitehall II cohort studyBMJ August 07, 2019, 366 l4414; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l4414
- Genetic predisposition to increased serum calcium, bone mineral density, and fracture risk in individuals with normal calcium levels: mendelian randomisation studyBMJ August 01, 2019, 366 l4410; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l4410
- Dietary fats and mortality among patients with type 2 diabetes: analysis in two population based cohort studiesBMJ July 02, 2019, 366 l4009; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l4009
- Physical activity trajectories and mortality: population based cohort studyBMJ June 26, 2019, 365 l2323; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l2323
- Socioeconomic Status and Incidence of Hospitalization With Lower-Extremity Peripheral Artery Disease: Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study
- Application of Commercial Software to the Classification of Suicide Cases: A Brief Report
- Mortality at ages 50-59 and deprivation at early and late stages of the life course in Wales
- Area deprivation and mortality in the provincial capital cities of Andalusia and Catalonia (Spain)
- Do places affect the probability of death in Australia? A multilevel study of area-level disadvantage, individual-level socioeconomic position and all-cause mortality, 1998-2000
- Ecological association between suicide rates and indices of deprivation in the north west region of England: the importance of the size of the administrative unit.
- Local economy and sickness absence: prospective cohort study
- Socioeconomic gradients in the prevalence of cardiovascular disease in Scotland: the roles of composition and context
- Changing socioeconomic inequality in infant mortality in Cumbria
- Assessing the impact of mobility on health: implications for life course epidemiology
- Neighbourhood environments and mortality in an elderly cohort: results from the cardiovascular health study
- Places, people, and their physical and mental functional health
- Neighbourhood deprivation and incidence of coronary heart disease: a multilevel study of 2.6 million women and men in Sweden
- Places and health
- Effect of Area-Based Deprivation on the Severity, Subtype, and Outcome of Ischemic Stroke
- Infant mortality and family welfare: policy implications for Indonesia
- Residential area deprivation predicts smoking habit independently of individual educational level and occupational social class. A cross sectional study in the Norfolk cohort of the European Investigation into Cancer (EPIC-Norfolk)
- Effects of the characteristics of neighbourhoods and the characteristics of people on cause specific mortality: a register based follow up study of 252 000 men
- Social capital and mental health
- Income inequality and self rated health in Britain
- The socioeconomic status of older adults: How should we measure it in studies of health inequalities?
- Targeting deprived areas within small areas in Scotland: population study
- Deprivation and late presentation of glaucoma: case-control study
- Multilevel analyses of neighbourhood socioeconomic context and health outcomes: a critical review
- Influence of socio-economic deprivation on the prevalence and outcome of depression in primary care: The Hampshire Depression Project
- Occupational risk factors for ill health in Gulf veterans of the United Kingdom
- The impact of area deprivation on differences in health: does the choice of the geographical classification matter?
- Does social disadvantage contribute to the excess mortality in rheumatoid arthritis patients?
- The burden of asthma: weighing the community risk against individual risk
- Deprivation and emergency admissions for cancers of colorectum, lung, and breast in south east England: ecological study
- Monitoring effects of deprivation on health