Deprivation and mortality in Scotland, 1981 and 1991BMJ 1994; 309 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.309.6967.1465 (Published 03 December 1994) Cite this as: BMJ 1994;309:1465
- ResearchTrends in socioeconomic inequalities in risk of sudden infant death syndrome, other causes of infant mortality, and stillbirth in Scotland: population based studyPublished: 16 March 2012; BMJ 344 doi:10.1136/bmj.e1552
- Association of ideal cardiovascular health at age 50 with incidence of dementia: 25 year follow-up of Whitehall II cohort studyBMJ August 07, 2019, 366 l4414; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l4414
- Genetic predisposition to increased serum calcium, bone mineral density, and fracture risk in individuals with normal calcium levels: mendelian randomisation studyBMJ August 01, 2019, 366 l4410; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l4410
- Dietary fats and mortality among patients with type 2 diabetes: analysis in two population based cohort studiesBMJ July 02, 2019, 366 l4009; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l4009
- Physical activity trajectories and mortality: population based cohort studyBMJ June 26, 2019, 365 l2323; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l2323
- Stress related disorders and risk of cardiovascular disease: population based, sibling controlled cohort studyBMJ April 10, 2019, 365 l1255; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l1255
- Postpartum contraception: a missed opportunity to prevent unintended pregnancy and short inter-pregnancy intervals
- Long-Term Safety and Efficacy of Lowering Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol With Statin Therapy: 20-Year Follow-Up of West of Scotland Coronary Prevention Study
- Socioeconomic characteristics of residential areas and risk of death: is variation in spatial units for analysis a source of heterogeneity in observed associations?
- Trends in socioeconomic inequalities in risk of sudden infant death syndrome, other causes of infant mortality, and stillbirth in Scotland: population based study
- Does deprivation index modify the acute effect of black smoke on cardiorespiratory mortality?
- Does young adult suicide cluster geographically in Scotland?
- The geography of despair among 15-44-year-old men in England and Wales: putting suicide on the map.
- Socioeconomic gradients in the prevalence of cardiovascular disease in Scotland: the roles of composition and context
- Suicide gap among young adults in Scotland: population study
- Neonatal respiratory morbidity at term and the risk of childhood asthma
- Increasing inequalities in premature mortality in Great Britain
- Relationship between birth weight and adult lung function: controlling for maternal factors
- Gender differences in socioeconomic inequality in mortality
- Social deprivation and adult head injury: a national study
- Presentation, management, and outcome of out of hospital cardiopulmonary arrest: comparison by underlying aetiology
- Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and Week of Gestation of Term Birth
- A randomised trial of self-management planning for adult patients admitted to hospital with acute asthma
- Prospective analysis of the association of infection with CagA bearing strains of Helicobacter pylori and coronary heart disease
- Teenage pregnancy and risk of adverse perinatal outcomes associated with first and second births: population based retrospective cohort study
- Are cities becoming more unhealthy? An analysis of mortality rates in Belfast and Dublin between 1981 and 1991 to illustrate a methodological difficulty with ecological studies
- Longitudinal cohort study of childhood IQ and survival up to age 76
- Material deprivation and leading causes of death by gender: evidence from a nationwide small area study
- Early-onset Alzheimer's disease in Scotland: environmental and familial factors
- The impact of area deprivation on differences in health: does the choice of the geographical classification matter?
- Does social disadvantage contribute to the excess mortality in rheumatoid arthritis patients?
- The Acheson report: challenges for the College • Commentary
- Narrowing social inequalities in health? Analysis of trends in mortality among babies of lone mothers
- Coronary event and case fatality rates in an English population: results of the Oxford myocardial infarction incidence study
- Effect of social deprivation on disease severity and outcome in patients with rheumatoid arthritis
- "I'm all right, John": voting patterns and mortality in England and Wales, 1981-92
- Does the decline in child injury mortality vary by social class? A comparison of class specific mortality in 1981 and 1991
- All together now: why social deprivation matters to everyone
- Suicide and deprivation in Scotland
- Commentary: A reply to Ken Judge: mistaken criticisms ignore overwhelming evidence
- Teenage pregnancy and deprivation
- Increasing inequalities in the health of the nation