BMJ is committed to keeping research articles Open Access and our Open Access Membership helps a growing number of institutions globally to drive their research output and reputation.
There are two Open Access options to help researchers at your institution to publish their work in leading, peer-reviewed journals at a reduced cost.
Benefits for institutions:
- Customized pricing packages that suit your institution’s needs
- Reduces costs with generous discounts on Open Access article publishing charges (APCs)
- Allows authors to comply with funders’ Open Access mandates
- Extends the reach and visibility of your institution’s research
- Simplifies payment processes and offers regular institution-level reports
Member institutions pay an annual fee (based on their Open Access output with BMJ journals in the previous year), which grants all authors at the institution a 25% discount on the article publishing charge (APC) when submitting to any BMJ published journal.