Trust Doctor in Psychiatry
The Trust has created its own in house training scheme for Trust grade doctors. It is aimed at those who just missed out on a place in core training or alternatively colleagues who may want more experience before deciding whether psychiatry is the specialty for them!
The Trust is looking to recruit doctors to work in vacant approved training posts in psychiatry. The Trust will offer a minimum 12 month contract to successful applicants and they will be eligible for an attractive relocation package of £5,000 and protected time to attend our unique development programme.
You will be in a large and developing trust with enthusiastic peer group colleagues, many of whom have progressed into core training or Specialty Doctor posts.
Access to this unique programme includes:
- Free access to Royal College e-learning material
- Training on how to develop and maintain a portfolio
- Expert clinical supervision, embedding feedback on clinical skills
- Leadership and management training
- Attendance at local postgraduate teaching programme
- CASC Club place guaranteed
- Communication skills programme
- Module on improving teaching skills
- Emotional intelligence training, including 360 degree feedback
- 1:1 support in evidence based practice
- Attendance at Independent Assessment of Clinical Skills
- Medical students teaching opportunities
- Tailored physical health care training (provided by Acute Trust)
- Clinical audit opportunities.
On-call work is included once you are up and running in the Trust