Applications are invited for Consultant in Cardiology at St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. The appointees will be joining a busy, innovative and evolving, friendly department and would be required to work as part of the established multi-disciplinary team. Successful candidates will be expected to have extensive General Cardiology knowledge and experience.
The posts are full time appointments (10 PA) in Cardiology Department and offers 7.5 direct clinical (DCC) sessions and a minimum 2.5 supporting professional activities (SPA) in addition to on call 0.5 PA equivalent.
For all posts applicants must have full GMC Registration and must be on the Specialist Register or be within six months of their CCT from the date of the interview.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of nine in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – Inspection August 2018
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017 and 2018)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2018 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Positive organisation culture of safety
- Quality of care
- Staff engagement
- Staff morale
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Providing a safe environment for staff
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.
Interview Date: AAC Wednesday 15th January 2020
For further details / informal visits contact:
Please contact Dr Ash Bassi, Divisional Medicine Director 0151 430 1252 or via email ash.bassi@Sthk.nhs.uk