Applications are invited for two full time (10 PA) consultant dermatologist posts at St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. The appointee will be joining a busy, innovative and friendly department currently consisting of 10 consultants, 5 specialist nurses and 2 specialist registrars. You will be working in purpose built, state of the art facilities and helping to build on our excellent reputation for delivering high quality, patient-centred dermatology care.
We enjoy close links with leading world class universities including the University of Liverpool, John Moore’s University and Edge Hill University; which in turn helps to enhance our strengths in education and training. To complement this, we also have strong research portfolios and host a number of professional units in medicine and surgery. We believe that staff engagement is an absolute priority and our strong leadership and development programmes serve to demonstrate how much we value our staff.
Candidates are expected to be on the Specialist Register, hold a Certificate of Specialist Training (CCT) or be within 6 months of CCT at the time of appointment
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of few in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – Inspection August 2018
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017 and 2018)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2018 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Positive organisation culture of safety
- Quality of care
- Staff engagement
- Staff morale
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Providing a safe environment for staff
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.
Interview Date: Tuesday 10th December 2019
For further details / informal visits contacts:
Dr Kok Ngan, Clinical Director, Dermatology on 01744 646688 (Secretary) or Debbie Stanway, Directorate Manager on 0151 430 1146 (Secretary)