Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust is a clinically led organisation and driven by patient centred care. We employ around 6,000 people and provide specialist mental health services, learning disability services, and community health care services.
We currently have a new role as medical director for the Portsmouth South East Division. The role is to provide medical leadership and direction to the Division and to work in conjunction with the Clinical Director to ensure the delivery of high quality services. The Medical Director will contribute to strategic planning and service development and be responsible for medical staff in the service. The Medical Director will also work alongside the divisional senior management team.
The Medical Director will ensure wide staff participation in the development and implementation of service plans and secure the greatest possible engagement from colleagues for key decisions and objectives.
We are committed to the development of your career and believe that by supporting, developing and nurturing our staff we will deliver outstanding patient care.
Benefits of Living in Hampshire
• Beautiful countryside for walks, horse riding and many other outside pursuits
• Amazing beaches with some of the best sailing in the UK, including Cowes Week
• Places of interest including Winchester Cathedral, the New Forest, South Downs and Portsmouth historic dockyard
• Excellent rail and air links
• Leading schools and colleges
Why come and work with us?
• Up to £8,000 relocation allowance
• Centre of excellence within Wessex research network
• Centre for Professional Development in Mental Health, a diverse programme of high quality multi-professional courses, involving the participation of national and international experts
• ‘New Consultants’ Development Programme’ - this programme encompasses aspects of clinical leadership
We have a positive working relationship with the University of Southampton, Faculty of Medicine and an active programme of Research and Development.
In addition to the Consultant payscale these posts will attract a 10% responsibility allowance.